Direct TV deal...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 21, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Signed up with Direct TV last night ...

here's the deal (we only needed the DVR box not one in the bedroom)

$39.99/mo plan + DVR service included + $10 off my bill for 10 months + $100 visa gift card + $10 off my BIL's bill for 10 months for referring me.

They'll be here Tuesday to install.:hurray::hurray:

I can't wait to tell Time Warner to shove it. :ack::ack::ack:

If any of you are interested in this let me know, you'll need my account number as a *referral* so we both save more $$. Offer expires 2/8/10.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Good luck. We seem to have problems with Directv's receivers going out. It's happened many times with ours.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang... How many channels you get with that? Which ones?

4. harleygirl

Got the mega package includes locals channels also.

OH I forgot we also get Showtime & Starz for 3 months FREE (but you have to call an cancel after the 3 mos or they bill you for it)

Want me to drop off a copy for you today?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Throw one out at me too if you are out that way!! :cheers: Sick to death of Time Warner, but don't know if I can switch due to DH's work stuff. We'll see though! THanks!! :grouphug:

6. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

GL, we got rid of Direct last year. TW is alright just a few problems, no more than direct LOL

They all suck, right? :jester:

7. harleygirl

HOpefully not. My bill will go from $75/mo TWC :ack: TO $29.99/mo with Direct and have MORE stations AND get the DVR back. DH is happy. :lol:

KDC, I'll be out that way today sometime later on this afternoon, I'll take a copy to your house also.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, bring me one!

9. harleygirl

Will do, now i HAVE to get back on the treadmill. :lol:

TTYL.

10. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I've had Direct since July 2008 and LOVE IT. Signal has only gone out once. Customer service has been awesome. I was so happy to get rid of TWC. Now if I could find reasonable internet service I could tell TWC to shove it completely :lol:

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I had Dish Network but too many trees made it too wishy washy. I've had TWC for a year and a half and have to admit it's been good, but this last price increase it too much.
    I understand that Direct TV dish points higher in the air so the trees may not be an issue. My only reservation is that I need it in 4 rooms and I hate paying the extra $5.00 for the box in each room.

12. harleygirl

That's exactly WHY I switched!

I know we only got it in the living room, because it's just the 2 of us and we NEVER watch TV in the bedroom and BIL has moved out, so this deal worked for me.

13. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Did you have to sign a contract? I think I looked into the same and after one year the price doubled.

14. harleygirl

2 years, after the first year the plan goes to $65.99 which is STILL less than what I pay TWC for LESS channels and NO DVR. :boxing::boxing:

Oh and if you move it's FREE.

15. Ima Sheltie

What's free?

16. harleygirl

They put another dish up for you at your new place.

17. Ima Sheltie

Oh, cool.

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

What HD channels do you get for that price?

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

At the 2 year point it's time to call the dude selling TWC at the $29.95 introductory price for 12 months.

20. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

I have had Directv for over 15 years now and love it would never use Time Warner.