Anyone experienced this before?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Jan 21, 2010.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yes, I do understand that y'all aren't doctors. 8) Just looking for someone who may have experienced this or know someone who has.

The past 3 mornings I have been woken up around 5:30 with terrible pains in my upper stomach. Right in the middle, where the ribs start to "part". They last a couple seconds and occur about twice a minute. I can only say they're kind of like contractions, only different...It can last anywhere from 15-60 minutes. I'm not nauseaus or anything like that, just the pains. When I get up and start moving around I feel better, although it stil feels like something is there. If I press on it in that area it hurts. By afternoon the pain is completely gone, then in the morning it's back.

I went to the dr yesterday and he took some blood tests for pancreas and liver problems. He said the area is right where my aorta is, but it didn't seem enlarged. I'm waiting for the lab results today. Anyone got any ideas for me? He didn't think it was my gall bladder because he said I would have had some tenderness under my ribs and I don't.

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

sorry nothing, but hope you feel better soon!

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Oh - one more thing. I am really, really, really tired during the day. I'm not sure if it's because it's been waking me up early (it's only an hour earlier than I do most days anyway) or if it has something to do with what's going on...but I'm too tired to move these days...

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

have you looked at webmd, they have a lot of good information.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm no help either but I hope it's nothing too serious! Good luck with the testing..

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've had a lot of family with gallbladder problems..............kinda sounds like that. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV though. 8) I read that he didn't think it was, but you never know.

I hope they get you straightened out soon though, good luck!

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yes I have. I've come up with ulcer, pancreatitis, GERD, hiatal hernia and gall bladder/stones. My dr didn't think it could be an ulcer, but can't remember his reasoning. Maybe because it's not worsened by eating. I think he was leaning more toward the pancreatitis than anything else. He did say I could try taking some prevacid to see if that did anything but I'm waiting for my results before I take anything. I hate taking unnecessary meds.

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Sounds similar to what my sister is having at times,in her case her stomach is producing too much stomach acid :?
    Hope you'll feel better soon :grouphug:

9. not to smart

not to smart Guest

LACK OF SEX

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Stupid. Why do you even reply? I'm in pain and looking for answers and that's your input? thanks.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sometimes idiots are best ignored. I hope you feel better soon.

12. not to smart

not to smart Guest

YES

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree: "UserCP", bottom of left hand column.

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks, but that doesn't sound like what I'm expriencing. I appreciate it though.

Other notes: my bp was fine (90/60) and just called dr office. Still waiting on most results but my hemoglobin, white blood cells (and something else i can't remember) were all fine.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sounds like acid reflux??

You may want to monitor what time you stop eating before you go to bed.

ps: I'm not a dr nor do I play one on TV.

Hope you feel better soon!

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

That's exactly what it sounds like to me. GERD/Acid Reflux....ask your Dr about Nexium.

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

That's the funny thing, I don't eat at night. Dinner is at 6, and I don't eat after that. And it doesn't hurt when I lay down during the day or night, not until 5:30 in the morning. I also thought reflux was felt more in the throat or chest area, this is under my chest. But above my stomach (the part that usually feels nausea)

It's almost like the reason is either because my stomach is empty, or because I'm lying still for so long...

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I agree, it does sound like acid reflux. Try avoiding high acid foods, alcohol, and chocolate for several hours before you go to bed.

(ditto on the disclaimer, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently)

20. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member