Direct TV deal...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 21, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have no idea.

Cleo & KDC I'll bring them tomorrow. Change of plans today.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No problem!! Thanks! : )

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so if you refer 3 people, does that mean you get yours free? BTW, if you want to get me the info, i will give to DS, they are looking into different services now.

4. harleygirl

I hope so! :hurray:

I'll make you a copy also.

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

You get $10 taken off a month for 10 months for each person. And the other person you referred gets $10 off for 10 months. If you get 3 people to sign on you get $30 taken off a month for 10 months and so on. Time will tell. I don't think I 'll ever be completely satisfied with any cable company. They are all expensive.

Also a side note...... every so often Directv will give you a free view. (HBO, Starz,Showtime, Encore and Cinemax) Just this past weekend you got Starz for free. It usually starts on a Thursday and ends on a Tuesday. You just have to keep an eye out cause they don't tell you all the time when they do it.

6. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

I've had Direct TV since 1994....no problems or complaints.

7. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

If you're lucky and everything works out. We had TWC for years and then switched to Directv. When we sold our house and moved out here I called about the moving and they said sure, but it would take 30 days before they could get to it. When I said DISH could install a new system in 72 hours they said go for it. I did and have been more than happy with DISH. Their receivers are far superior to Directv but if you only have the one I am sure you will be happy. Enjoy.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I've been with Directv for about 8 years and no problems. We moved 4 years ago and they moved it all and set it up, no problem.

At my cabin we used Dish Network, and they were fine too, although it was pretty basic. But worked well in the mountains, no interference. The one time there was a problem they came out the next day (a Saturday) and took care of it easily.

I hate TWC though...had them before Directv and it seemed like every other month there was a price increase. I do enjoy the free movie weekends we get with Directv, I DVR as many movies as I can for me and the boys. Starz is the best! I got the free Showtime for a year, but didn't care for it. Every once in a while I'd find something, but it's just the same things over and over and over again!

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

They have AAA discount packages as well... Just signed up for mine and they'll be here tomorrow 8)

10. not to smart

not to smart Guest

good for you

11. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We have Direct TV and have had no problems. The customer service is awesome!! We just got a Thank You card from them that allows us free movies on channels 125-199 for 3 months!! We do not usually buy movies but will take advantage of this free offer!! Pat

12. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

We have TWC and I would like to get rid of them. Who do you use for internet service and how much is it?

13. harleygirl

Phone & Internet are thru Embarq, because it's a business line I get bent over on the price. $99.00/mo :boxing:

Long distance and 800# are thru ACN = $13-19/mo

14. ws

ws Well-Known Member

what does the monthly bill go up to in 12 months? i was seeing on the dtv website that it was a intro 12 month offer, then the bills go up atleast 26$ per month. i have recently dropped twc for tv, but still have them for internet

15. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Is that discount for Direct TV? I have Direct TV and I have AAA, but had not heard of this, so was curious.

16. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

We have Directv out here and have since about a month after we moved to Mcgee's. I will not EVER have TWC. They told me we lived in a low dense area, though everyone has it around here and in order to put it in they would charge us 30K to run the line down my driveway. We of course told them no! Im biased now...Hubby works for DTV :) but I still saw the rate hikes watching my mom pay her TWC bill.

17. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Yea, Direct TV, wait till your equipment becomes obsolete to their upgrades via satellite. Then they scam you into buying new equipment for $25. And then, after you've taken all the old equipment out and put the new in that they won't activate it unless you sign a 2 year contract under new pricing.

Or, you lose you job and go to cancel the TV service and your first born has to be sold to pay the enormous fees.

Something for nothing and cash back??? Think about it folks!!! Why are they giving you TV service, equipment, rebates for sign ups, and then giving you that $100 back in cash?

The concept is to play on the stupidity of:
    1. 90% of the customers will forget to cancel the free movie package. Once charged 75% will keep it for at least 6 months or more.
    2. More than half of the new customers will not be happy with the basic programming and will upgrade in the first month.
    3. If you default they have you buy the cahonnes, and the profit to them is better than if you kept the service.
    4. Why do they give free equipment and installation to people who move but not to long term customers who need equipment replacement? The free deals are checked by address, not name and you're going to do it anyway. Only NEW customers get free stuff.
    5. Look closely at the boxes your equipment comes in. Many of them are labled "Refurbished".
    6. Nobody reads the fine print.

Good God, ....... please, please, please America ..... wake the hell up!!!!

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Who cares if the equipment is refurbished?
    Take advantage of the current deal. My loyalty is to whoever has the best deal at the end of my introductory pricing.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We got something in the Sunday paper from them. I don't think it's going to work for us, unfortunately. Once you average the cost over the two years we'd have to sign up for (and DH flat out will NOT sign a contract), it's not cost effective for us to switch. :cry: YMMV.

20. harleygirl

It goes to 65 which is still cheaper than what I pay for now AND I get more channels.