'Jesus' Rifles outrage some

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jester, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You need to talk to your mom about that.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know I shouldn't laugh, but dang Hught! :cheers: :lol:

3. not to smart

not to smart Guest

legit question based upon your response there, dodger

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:p

5. not to smart

not to smart Guest

why, you ride the short bus also

apparently she didn't feel as though it was, bless her soul considering her life was lost due to complications in having me, go figure.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Fail.

7. not to smart

not to smart Guest

believe what you want

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Speaking of peace and Christ, I'd like to add my .02.

I believe it was King Solomon that stated 'there is a time for everything.' War and peace. So many people take Jesus as some sort of peace-loving hippie and He was about turning the other cheek toward your neighbor in forgiving. However, clearly Jesus indicates there is a time for war. Remember that John in Revelation says that He (Christ) will come back with an army from Heaven to defeat the Antichrist and those that gather to make war with Him. It will be a swift defeat by the King. Another instance can be found in Matthew as Jesus says in 10:34, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

We're not talking about a Crusade here. The serial numbers are a statement of faith by a private company and not a condemnation of Islam by the US military. This is no religious war except in the eyes of the radical elements of Islam.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

In that case, you should stop posting Mr. 6,978 posts. lol

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Here is a jesus rifle for ya.

[​IMG]

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

You might not be. Yet, the recruiting of Islamic extremists makes sure to reinforce that US forces are the most recent invader/ occupiers. And in pointing out these scopes as an example, the manufacturer has made it easier for the recruit to believe.

We think of the Crusades as ancient history. Some in Islam speak of it as recent events. Whether the time frame is accurate or not, it is still effective.

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I see your point, but the extremists are going to believe what they want and preach their idealogy to new generations. There is absolutely nothing we can do to make peace with them, except submit. Its not just about Christianity to them. Its our culture and freedom. We throw the word 'freedom' around so easily, but most of these folks do not see giving citizens the freedom to make choices about their own individual lifestyles as acceptable. Now, I'm not talking about all Muslims, but those that wish for our way of life to be dictated to us solely according to their will.

Recruitment of extremists will continue no matter what we do.

13. Hatteras6

Agreed. Why make it easier for them to do so?

And, what we see as the liberty with our freedom to expression is blasphemous to others. Whether one takes broadest view or the narrowest one, expression by one is an affront to the other.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

God forbid we offend them while we shoot them. :rolleyes:

15. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

I've heard what you just wrote a thousand times. It is so weak. It's obvious to me from reading this that you haven't read the whole Bible. All the questions you asked are answered in there. There is no presumption if you believe what you read in the Bible. You are the one being arrogant and judgmental by assuming that Christians don't know what God wants. The least you could say is maybe the believers are right and you are wrong in this case. Open your mind a little.

16. Hatteras6

Thanks for playing along. Remove your blinders to the possibility that there are other ideas as valid as the ones you hold dear. Reread the portion, "Judge ye, lest ye not be judged."

Enjoy your stay in Durance Vile.

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Muslims who understand the principles of freedom and free enterprise should not be terribly upset that a company displays a serial number that happens to display their faith. Afterall, if they are familar with freedom, they too are given the same opportunity.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You didn't ask a question, you made a statement.

19. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

I just asked YOU to open YOUR mind but you refuse. My faith has nothing to do with opening blinders. Logically, if I believe in one God, I would be hypocrite to believe there are other Gods. What do you believe? In everything and anything? If so, respect my beliefs and I'll respect yours.

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Not sure why the inspector did not notice the serial number but my guess would be is that he/she did not equate it with the Bible.

That is just too funny. :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry