SBI investigating missing $$ from Garner FD

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6868000/

According to this story, they initially thought $10,000 was missing, now they think $300,000 is missing. $300,000!! Yet they say service was not affected. :confused:Ummm................ok. If a missing $300,000 didn't affect anything then here is my .02 :

1. You have too much money in your budget if that much is gone and no one noticed. That is a ton of cash!

2. Somebody was asleep at the switch!

3. I doubt one person could get away with embezzling that much unless they had been there a very long time. Makes me curious if there is more to the story and more folks involved.

This boggles my mind. There should always be a procedure so that somebody reviews what checks are written and to whom. Every place I have ever worked, from small to large companies has one person/dept writing them and a second person/dept signing and reviewing them. Granted, some of them learned the hard way not to let one person have too much control over the check book. :?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I don't know, when I went home for Christmas they just fired an executive at the Koss headphone company for single-handedly stealing $20,000,000.

3. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

20,000,000 and know one noticed?

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They now have a new accounting firm. 8)