Snow tomorrow night????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

First I plan to make a wintry mix man.
    Then I will watch as my kids make wintry mix angels in the yard.

Hopefully later we can have a wintry mix ball fight.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

is that going to be before or after you go to the grocery and get all the milk and bread?

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I used to drive past Piggly Wiiggly and if the lot was full I'd stop for milk, bread, soup and batteries just assuming there must be a storm coming. But I found out that guarantees the storm wont come so now I sneak the goods over time when Mother Nature isn't looking. Now she thinks I'm not prepared and dumps it on us. Dump away.....

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I don't want it to snow. I was going to meet my BF at David's Bridal to help her pick out a wedding dress Saturday. We waited so long for this appointment!! :(

5. Rush1

Rush1 Banned

There is a bridal place in Smithfield. Carolina Bridal World.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Compared to the picture they had on earlier at wral's forecast online the one that is now showing shows hardly any flakes at all,I wonder if Fishel is having doubts?

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Didn't sound like it on the tv! He said different model estimates show it could be 6-7" :hurray:

8. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Have heard 1/2 inch to an inch of ice and then 6 to 8" of snow on top of that. That is according to the National Weather Service. It has NOT updated to local stations last I heard. My husband works w/ someone who apparently knows someone there--LOL. Take it for what it's worth. Have no idea how accurate that info is. I honestly dont' want it to b/c it's the first weekend in forever that we're going out to a party w/ friends. We don't mind driving in snow at all but will not drive on ice. Ever. I'm guessing we'll all know more Friday morning. Wonder how this will play out for schools. Hey, we'll all have to post pictures if we have some snow.

Stephanie--mom to 7

9. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the snow either, but the ice, nope don't like it.

I work at Food Lion and the crazy mess started yesterday, people getting ready i guess. There is nothing more I can do here at home..got all I need. Just got to get Parrot food, just so I don't have to drive out on Saturday.
    I will be working both Friday and Saturday at work, living less then a mile from work has it's perks I guess.

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Went to the store yesterday,it was still early so it wasn't bad,got everything including bird food. Got plenty of wood here for the stove and in case of a power outage we could cook something on the wood stove as well.

11. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

This should be funny, I always get a kick out of watching the rednecks standing on the side of the road with that stupid look on their face while their pickup truck with monster truck tires is smashed into the guardrail.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Actually we drive around the area (not very far) to see if we can help people.

DH LOVES when a Chevy needs to be pulled out of the snow by a Ford. :lol::lol::lol:

13. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Ford still makes pickups? I only see Silverados on the road.

14. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I'm sure they'd get a kick out you too in your 1994 Saab scratching your head when you get stuck in a pot hole. :mrgreen:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sure do, at least they didn't take a bail out. :lol:

http://www.wral.com/business/story/6902419/

I can't WAIT, I'm ready for some SNOW!!!!

16. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

2007 Tahoe. Please dont attempt to take your 1999 caravan out in the snow.:lol:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That ought to get you right back up to NY with no problem, time's a wastin'! :cheers:

18. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

For your information, I drive a 1982 Oldsmobile stationwagon. It gets me where I need to go. :lol:

19. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Crazymom attempting to go to Walmart Saturday:

[​IMG]

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend your friend visits Carolina Bridal World first. My daughter recently ordered her dress from there. Prices were comparable to David's Bridal and the consultants were very helpful and pleasant to work with on our multiple visits. Went to David's Bridal last weekend with her bridesmaids to look for bridesmaids dresses. We did have an appointment. It was a madhouse and while our consultant was wonderful, the manager came over and said we were taking too long and trying on too many dresses. Tried to rush us out the door. I noticed the same for the girls trying on wedding dresses-after 2 or 3 dresses they were trying to hurry a decision.