Snow tomorrow night????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

and my DH loves when a Ford needs to be pulled out by a Dodge:cheers::cheers:

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I sure hope they don't do that to us. My BF picked David's Bridal but I sure will tell her about Carolina Bridal World before she makes a commitment to David's Bridal. I don't think she knew about the other place, I know I didn't.Thanks Guys!

3. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

Hey my 20 year old Toyota pick-up has pulled out its share of full size trucks over the years !!

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

There is also a place in Fayetteville, Bridal and Formal Outlet....they have an Outlet Center, on premises....nothing over $500

http://www.bridalandformalcenter.com/

75 days for me!! :hurray:

5. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

YAAA! Those days are gonna fly! Thnaks for the info. I'll let her know!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: DH has pulled a few out with his to be sure. When we lived in Bristol, we had an old full-sized Bronco. That thing would go in anything, anywhere. I miss that old truck. :mrgreen:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm STILL reminded of trading the Bronco we had for my car. :boxing: :lol:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What did you have? Ours was an 87, we'd bought it used of course, but other than some minor mechanical issues (hell, it was old when we bought it), we drove it everywhere. Amazing what you could fit in the back of it too, LOL.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

It was a full sized '92 green/beige, BIG tires. I almost needed a step ladder to get in the thing. We bought it used in Wilmington and camped out at the south end ALL the time, we'd tie the dogs to the tailgate at night when we went to sleep. you know how many groceries I could get in that thing? LOL. When we camped out at the beach, we'd just sleep in the back with the tailgate down and listen to the waves. Ahhh... damn, now I miss that truck. :lol:

There's a blue one that goes by the house every now and again, I swear if we had the $, we'd go buy another one.

10. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

:lol::lol::lol: No you didn't!
    Crazymom? Who's that? :jester: I actually drive a Honda CR-V but my hubby has a Ford F150 just in case!

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

They were salting the roads on and near 42, close to town, early this morning.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same here! I get all nostalgic when I see one. :jester:

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey you guys are welcome to go camping there with us anytime - we still do it:cheers:

15. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that they seem very hush hush about what amounts of snow/ice we might get? Sure, wral has mentioned it, but they seem to go through it very fast and aren't specific. Last I heard was Elizabeth Gardner saying "some areas" could get up to a foot of snow. Which areas?? Mountains?? triangle??? It makes me feel like the models are predicting a ton of snow but the meteorologists are thinking "No, that cant be possible in NC!" we'll see i guess. At least we can see what happens in the southern plains first.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'll believe it when I see it on the ground. Not getting my hopes up. :jester:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

dang y'all are making me think we might actually get some now but like kdc i am scared to get my hopes up but i think i might need to make a run to the store just in case and no not for milk and bread:lol:

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

she's said that some areas of the triangle could get up to a foot. but of course, it just depends on where the system goes! but all the stations seem pretty definite about this one! :lol:

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

kdc will complain about the snow forecast in 6.....5.......4.....3...

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I just hope it's snow instead of ice,with those darn above ground power lines that might turn into outages.
    Time to put them all under ground,now that would be a project for the government to put a lot of people back to work,similar to when the CCC helped build the Blue Ridge Pkwy.