Snow tomorrow night????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'm ready! I bought a kerosene heater at lunch so if the power goes out I'm all set. Now I gotta make the hubs go get gas for the grill and I gotta hit the grocery store. Yay for snow!

2. I think Greg Fishel needs a window in his office...i dont understand 60degrees one day and snow the next. last prediction i heard was 11-12 inches...oh well take what we get!! 8)

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Why is it btw that they always keep putting the repaired lines above ground instead of under ground?

4. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I was just at Wal-mart. If you have to go there, wait until late tonight. It's already getting bad. I don't know how long I waited in line.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

There's also a nice place in Smithfield called Jewel's Formal Wear. They have some beautiful dresses!

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

How safe are kerosene heaters? I'm worried about power outages and when we lost power in the ice storm some years ago, our little electric space heater just wasn't enough. I'm tempted to go buy another heater but worry about kerosene and the smell.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

is that the one on the corner on the right, as you go through downtown Smithfield, heading towards 95?

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

We used to have one but hated the smell also and the black smoke that it sometimes emitted but maybe they improved since!? That's why I'm glad that we had the wood stove put in years ago.

9. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I agree, they have beautiful dresses there. I wouldn't go to the place over by the pottery though. Their dresses look cheap to me.

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Well, you know school will probably be closed Monday. All this stuff is still going to be frozen by then.

11. Tangerine

They will give you pneumonia if you breathe in too much of it.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You need to use it in a well ventilated area. We always crack a window if we are going to have to use it indoors. Not crazy about it and only do it in an emergency.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

wral just updated:

"WeatherScope is showing a lot of snow accumulation," said WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner, who noted that weather models show Raleigh getting nearly 12 inches of snow by the end of Saturday.
    "Even if we don’t get this much snow, it’s likely to be enough to cause us some pretty serious problems," she added.

14. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

:iagree: We use ours in the garage, and put a pot w/potpourri on top to help w/the smell, dh got kerosene this week that wasnt dyed, and it really does not have as much of an odor as the other stuff.

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Where did he get that?

16. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Somewhere in Fuquay, lol, I can ask him later if you want :)

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So where can I get some snow boots? :jester:

18. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

huh?

19. Tangerine

keroene heaters can give you pneumonia if you breathe in too much of the fumes. duh

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

never heard that....but admittedly i dont have much 'spernce with them.