TWC-Road Runner Bill :(

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

TWC

My bill went from 48.35 to 54.95. I called TWC and complained, saying I was going to cancel RR.
    They suggested going to the basic speed of 1.3 Mbs for 37.50 per month, which I did. The reduction is hardly noticeable unless you do a lot of downloading ( movies,etc.)

2. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

On my last bill I noticed it said the rate was going up because of my promotional price. I called and told them I don't have a promotional price, it has been the same price for 14 months, why would a promotion run for 15 months?!? She said "Oh, it's going up to $54.95 with your next statement which begins on Feb. 18. You can call ON THAT DAY and see what promotions they are running." She stated I would have to call on the first dy of the billing cycle or they wouldn't do anything for me......I doubt they will any but I'll call and see what happens.

3. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

They've got a two year price lock in you can sign up for. We signed up for it. Of course, there's a penalty for terminating early and it's automatic renewal.

4. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I work at TWC. Your husband can call and add you onto the account. You do not have to go into the office. He just has to verify his information when he calls.

The rep may have misunderstood. If you are doing a complete name change on the account, then yes you do have to go in and show ID.

He can still be the primary account holder but he can also give you access when needed. I had to do the same thing with Verizon.

5. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

There ya go! I asked my DH and he had actually added me to the account over the phone. I just didn't know it. Thought it was just my charming personality that won them over. :lol:

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

7. AnnetteL

Thanks for the info!

8. AnnetteL

Just called them back and asked to speak to the Customer Retention Dept.,now I got my old rate back for 1 year plus I got a one time credit of $24.67 :)
    Thanks for all the help!!

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Husband just had similar issues with TWC when he called to cancel our cable with them. The bill is in my name, and since I was sitting right there, they just asked for the last 4 digits of my SS#, so he called across the room,"Honey, what's your SS#?" Yes, I could have just talked to them, but they are indeed buttheads because every time I call, they treat me like I am "just a woman" - much like that Badger commercial when the lady is looking to purchase a car for HERSELF, without a husband. They have been so condescending to me that I requested he call to do the deed.

Interesting how they could only offer him a $5 discount to keep us as a customer with the cable (we kept the internet/phone bundle...for now). We signed up with Dish network, cutting the cost of watching tv at least in half for us (probably more, since we haven't seen the damage of the increased rates). A few less channels, but worth the savings for us. The HD picture is way clearer than TWC; we are impressed, so far.

I returned the cable box yesterday morning; last night I get a call from TWC, asking me why I cancelled cable. I told them primarily the cost, and the condescending attitude we always got when we called customer service. The woman who spoke to me was very nice; explained to me that we are valued customers, and could she get me to sign back up for cable if she could offer me $117/month charge for ALL THREE? Hm. Why was this not offered BEFORE we cancelled? I don't trust that quote anyway, and it is too late, since we made our commitment to the Dish Network. Maybe if they got their act together and valued a customer BEFORE an account is cancelled, they might be able to hang onto a few accounts.

10. AnnetteL

:iagree:

11. ws

ws Well-Known Member

i was getting the roadrunner lite ( 768Kbps ) for ~28/month. i called, argued a little, had a temper tantrum and now have a year contract for the 7Mb with power boost for 34.95/month. on speedtest.net i have been averaging over 10Mbps with occasional spikes to 12Mbps. damn good deal.