Snow tomorrow night????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I wouldnt suggest huffing it, but lots of people up north use kerosene heaters to supplement their furnace. The heaters they sell today are pretty clean burning compared to 30 years ago. You can still smell it, but they no longer turn your walls black.

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

haha, no i wouldn't huff it either.

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Thought the pneumonia was interesting, so I checked it out :) I found this on the Hess website, it's the MSDS for K-1

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
    Kerosene (K-1 and K-2) MSDS No. 0290
    EMERGENCY OVERVIEW
    CAUTION!
    COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID - SLIGHT TO MODERATE IRRITANT
    EFFECTS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
    HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED
    Moderate fire hazard. Avoid breathing vapors or mists. May cause dizziness and drowsiness. May cause eye irritation and skin irritation (rash). Long-term, repeated exposure may cause skin cancer.
    If ingested, do NOT induce vomiting, as this may cause chemical pneumonia (fluid in the lungs).

www.hess.com/ehs/msds/0290KeroseneK1andK2.pdf

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Back in the much poorer days when we used to live in an old trailer w/o heat we used the kerosene heater to heat up some beans and hot dogs,those were the days :rolleyes:

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. michelle

That's it! That's where we got Amber's prom dress.

7. michelle

Good Lawd! I went to Walmart after work for some groceries and they had 1 orange, a box of fruit loops (store brand) and a dented can of pork 'n beans left. :cry:

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

He got it at Sheetz

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

saw a bunch at walmart yesterday - they may all be gone by now! :lol:

10. bandmom

LOL!! I went yesterday and got everything I needed 'cept forgot the milk! I have to run to Garner tomorrow, so maybe somewhere will still have some left!

11. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

For girls, they had several pairs left today around noon. I did get the last pair of girls' size 2 in the black. My oldest daughter doesn't like pink. They had a bunch of pink ones left in size 1. They had some other kinds too that I saw but they didn't look as waterproof. I don't know what they were made of!

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

13. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

i hate this!:banghead::banghead:

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have seen them saying up to a foot of snow up in the northern parts, we are not in the northern parts, lol..but we will see what happens..I have to work all weekend, thankfully I only live like 1/2 mile from work. Daughter will be staying at mom's all weekend, so I don't have to drive back and forth with her to take her over there. I wasn't looking forward to that, so for now..all I have to worry about is getting to work. I have to close FL on Saturday and I'm a little worried, but not to bad. We were slammed busy yesterday, I'm sure today will be just as bad. Mid shift schedule wahhh...
    Still don't know what I'm working on Sunday yet, got fingers crossed that I'm off of work..would be nice.
    If power goes off, then I'm in big trouble, nothing here to help with that.
    Sheri

15. bandmom

I'm sorry!! :grouphug:

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I enjoy this stuff like a kid. We'll be out there sledding, etc. I also have a 4WD Truck. If anyone plans to get stuck, PM me before hand and I'll meet you there to help you get out.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You sound like DH. :lol: Nothing he likes better than pulling some dummy out of a ditch that just "thought" they could drive in the snow.

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Those people that "think" they can drive in the snow are the reason I stay off the roads in bad weather.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Amen! I get highly entertained watching the road in front of my house, there is a long, gently uphill curve that is shaded and very slick in bad weather. My mailbox must have a guardian angel. :lol: There have been many that end up in the ditch on one side or the other. Momentum means nothing to some people. :mrgreen:

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Come on snow!!!!! :lol: