ADT Security "salesmen" lurking the neighborhoods???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4ME2KNOW, Jan 29, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

:?: Has anyone seen guys walking around with the ADT sheild signs??? I live in a neighborhood off N. Shiloh and there were two guys walking door to door trying to sell ADT security "due to the recent increase of break-ins in the area".

They didn't knock on my door..I assume since they saw my sign for a security system already in place. However they did try to convince my neighbors and could not provide a business card, was very high pressure as in you can't think it over and you MUST sign today. When asked for a phone number they did provide one however when my neighbor called they got a "this mailbox is full" message.

They then called ADT and the rep stated that they DO NOT send out reps door to door however there could be some kind of local installer that can buy ADT systems and re-sell them.

My neighbor will be calling the Jo Co Sherrif dept to let them know what happened, just in case.

Has this happened to anyone else around??? If they come to your door, can you find out if they are legit??

2. agoembel

agoembel Well-Known Member

Earlier this year I spoke with someone who works for a security company and they said all legit employees will have a badge/name tag to provide to the homeowners.

3. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Might be legit but I don't trust things like this. There is always someone trying to take advantage of folks. Lots of scam artists think just cause we live in Johnston County that we fell off turnip truck.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

They are ADT Authorized Dealers door knocking.
    Some people use this tactic because they know people are freaked out already and will sign up for an alarm system without doing their homework. There are 3 ADT Authorized Dealers in the area, me being one of them. I do the same thing EXCEPT I work a new homeowners list and work off referrals. I DO NOT PREY ON PEOPLE WHO ARE FREAKED OUT DUE TO A RECENT BREAK IN OR A DEATH IN THE FAMILY AND YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU BUY!!! That's bad business.
    ANYONE selling alarm systems HAS to be licensed by the North Carolina Alarm Systems Licensing Board, which I am AND DH holds the Low voltage license for the business - License # 1384-CSA.
    You can find out if they are licensed by calling the ASLB @ 875-3611

I'm sorry this happened to your neighbors, it's not cool.

If I can help you or anyone you know please feel free to call me at 1-877-256-6885 or 919-796-5284.

Sandy

5. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

THANKS SO MUCH for that info! I will pass it along.:)

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

And that's why we recommend Harley. Ethical and faithful service. She and her DH do a great job, and stand behind their work. They are part and parcel of this community and do much to support it.

Go with HG. If the product is the same, then the difference has to be the level of service, behind the sale. HG and hubby win, hands down.