I know this is gross but..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jan 29, 2010.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I need to know if anyone here knows the process for a hemmoroid operation. Is it set up, done right away when you go for the problem, how long is the recovery time? :oops:

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

3. God'schild

oh man!! I'm serious guys!!! :cry:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't know but I HOPE you get the right DR and the results you want.

Good luck girl! :grouphug:

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You should ask Webbie. It appears that he removed some hemmoroids yesterday. :mrgreen:

6. God'schild

Thanks HG!! I'm kind of scared really. Pray for me ya'll!!!

7. God'schild

woooooooooooooo Good one!!! :cheers:

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I can imagine that finding the right doctor for this sort of thing is a pain in the butt.

9. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm going to reply to this post :oops: but feel the need to WARN you because NO ONE did that for me!

I had to have this evil surgery shortly after giving birth. I had never had one before and thought this was quite uncomfortable. Let me give the description I found on the internet with my comments inserted:

You will be given general anesthesia so that you will not feel pain (Although it was painful to be spread eagle on a table with two people in my exit only area!) Incisions are made in the tissue around the hemorrhoid. (Nothing like being awake as they rip into your flesh) The swollen vein inside the hemorrhoid is tied off to prevent bleeding, and the hemorrhoid is removed. The surgical area may be sewn closed or left open. Medicated gauze covers the wound. (In my case medicated gauze was shall we say Shoved up inside the exit only area)

Now I break to tell you that I was not in a whole lot of pain when the procedure was done. The nurse gave me a prescription for painkillers(the kind that make you feel all warm inside!) BUT I was breastfeeding and wanted to be superwoman so I took the slip with me but had no intention of filling it and went home with the plan to take 800mg of advil to ward off the pain.

I made it home and about an hour and a half later I was a little more uncomfortable...THEN the most undescribable and excruciating pain came over me. I was rocking back and forth and almost to the point of passing out from the pain. My husband had to leave work pronto to get those pain meds for me and then STILL I was in pain.

Did I mention I sat in a hot bath for hours trying to get the medicated gauze to come out???

It took about a week for me to be "back to normal" and even then going to the potty was still not "normal".

Basically, my point is...I would rather give birth over having that procedure done.

I would explore ALL other avenues before taking this one. Make sure this is the last resort and if you have to go through with it....GET THE MEDS...lots of them!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

10. God'schild

Oh how nice. :ack: Help me Lord. :cry::cry::cry: I'm screwed.....

But thank you for the info! I will take all this in consideration.

11. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

:cry: So sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm sure this procedure, like all other things will be different for each person. You know how when your pregnant, people have horror stories that freak you out and then you have your own experience.

I'll say a prayer for ya!:grouphug:

12. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Don't know if you've been seen or not but not all "roids" need drastic surgery to be removed. There are other techniques for removal at the docs disposal given the size and location.

13. Redneck Rich

Winner!

14. Redneck Rich

...close 2nd

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My cousin had this done when she was in her twenties. They didn't tell her she was packed with gauze. When it started coming out she thought it was part of her insides. Also she didn't have great control of her bowels. She didn't follow some dr's orders and tried to be superwoman in the kitchen and ended up ****ting on the kitchen floor.

I feel for ya. :grouphug:

16. toby3290

toby3290 Guest

i have had 3 surgeries. its not going to be good. and depending if they are inside or outside, the recovery will be different. outside is worse and takes longer. i have had the outpatient procedure done in the office and the outpatient at the hospital. are you going to the hospital?

17. God'schild

I hadn't been yet. Been kind of nursing it with Prep-H and Tucks and keeping it clean. It's gotten much better but it's still a bit annoying. I'm hoping that what I'm doing will be fine and it will kind of clear up on it's own. :?: One can only hope. But I do appreciate all the info from eveyone! Even the "funnies"!! :mrgreen:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ugggh! :mrgreen:

If nothing else we both seem to have the same twisted sense of humor!

19. From the Sea to NC

From the Sea to NC Well-Known Member

Nupercainal

Go to Walgreens or CVS and look for a product called Nupercainal. It is in a tube and Walgreens has the larger size for about $12.00/tube and CVS has the smaller tube $7.00/ tube. I know that this is expensive but if you are seeking relief from hemmorhoids, this is what you need to use. It works so much better than Tucks or Prep H and virtually eliminates the itching and burning altogether. Try this and let us know how well this works. You can find this in the incontinence asile in these pharmacies.Hope this helps

20. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

Sea to "not to smart"