Snow tomorrow night????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Some people can drive in the snow. Nobody can drive on ice! I'm even more dumbfounded by the people who think they can. I remember years ago watching one car after another slide on the ice off the road.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, 4 wheel drive in the ice means squat.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's true. I used to be very good at driving in snow, when I lived in NH I never let the weather stop me from going where I wanted to go, with the exception of freezing rain. But I've lived in NC for 25 years, I'm so out of practice I don't think I'd want to attempt it now!

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Even more importantly, you are female. It would be best not to drive at all. :lol:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:boxing:

If there is ONE snowflake, sleet, freezing rain etc... I don't drive anywhere. :ack:

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Stop - ouch hitting - ouch- me-ouch, ouch ouch

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I hear ya! I sent a note to school with DD that she is to leave school immediately at the first sign of snow, sleet, rain, etc. I ain't taking a chance on an 18 yr. old having a wreck and causing my insurance to sky rocket.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you and me both!! everyone I worked with assumed because I have a 4WD and I'm from New England that there was no reason I should be late or not in because of snow or bad roads. Ummm... Hello... it took me a long time to make them see it from my point of view!!!

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

A few years back when I was working at IBM I was on my way to work and a guy in a 4*4 full size Bronco passed me on I-40. He was driving like the roads were dry. Just flew past me. Well a few miles down the road there he was with he torn up raggedy Bronco off in the ditch. Yea Bubba where did that 4 wheel drive get you on the ice?

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

some folks around here can't drive when it's bone dry on the roads.....

:?

11. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

My coworker told me that in/around Phoenix, since it rains so infrequently, people don't drive when there's rain because they don't have enough experience with it to feel comfortable.

12. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

people around here should take a cue from those in Phoenix. Never seen hazard lights on during a rain storm till I came down here.:?

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok those of you that have my number, please call if you see anything at all falling down 4042 way, sometimes the weather here in Cary is so different from home.

14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

use life alert

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO, good one:lol::lol::lol:

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

its not supposed to get to our area (triangle) till 9pm or so - so you should be good unless you're working really late tonight! :lol:

17. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Well, with a full moon tonight, it should be pretty :)

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

The clouds might cover the moon.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Don't confuse anyone.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know i know, i just keep having flashbacks to DH stuck on 40 for 7 hours:lol: