Taxes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jan 30, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Picked up the Turbo tax yesterday - guess its a good weekend to get started on the taxes? :mrgreen:

who has done theirs already?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Not yet, but you get a discount if you do them online through the SECU website.

3. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

Submitted and accepted Monday...I use www.freetaxusa.com for mine every year. It costs 9.95 to file NC, and nothing to file federal. Very user-friendly, and I can save PDF copies and print copies of the return.

4. bandmom

Didn't see anything on the lgfcu site, is that the same as secu? anyway, we probably can't use the free stuff, we have rental income and other stuff so we have to use the Premier edition. :banghead:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

All done on my end. Had to do them quickly for college funding.

Sherry

6. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

Done and mailed them off Monday :) Maybe this year it won't take me 3 months to get them back since I mailed them off a month earlier :)

7. Sherry A.

You could have purchased it online and then efile.

Sherry

8. bandmom

dh prefers to have the turbo tax cd instead of downloading, besides, I think the cost is the same? I was able to buy it for 69.99 (had a $10 off coupon for Office Max).

9. bandmom

yep -us too - the Fafsa deadline is what, March 1st, I think? :confused:

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

How long did it take you for both of them?

11. Sherry A.

Yep. I don't understand why CHS is having another meeting with parents on this.

Sherry

12. Sherry A.

Yes, same price.

Sherry

13. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

It took me about an hour to input all the info. (I'd already gathered all my amount for medical expenses, donations, etc.) Then I double checked and triple checked what I'd entered and filed it. I've used this site for the last 4 or 5 years. (Got the link from irs.gov) I usually get a refund deposited around 10 days later.

14. AnnetteL

Thanks!! I think I might give them a try too.

15. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I submitted mine with TurboTax online back on the 15th or so of January. I had a typo on the hubbies B-Day and it got rejected. Fixed it and sent it back on the 17th, was accepted on the 18th and got my direct deposit yesterday! Can't be unhappy about that! Now to use it as a down payment for a new car!

:hurray:

16. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i didnt know they had a meeting before this?

17. ws

ws Well-Known Member

just did mine yesterday, free federal and 25$ state, turbo tax

18. bandmom

doing taxes while being snowed in makes it very tempting to spend it on a nice, warm, sunny, tropical vacation............ 8)

19. AnnetteL

Did ours yesterday too with Freetaxusa,free federal and $9.95 for state.

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I did mine last Friday, on Turbo Tax through State Employees Credit Union. Cost me $52 for State and Federal. Refunds will be direct deposited on or by February 12th. Wooohoooo! :hurray: