The Flipside/Coffee Mill is Closing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sacosta, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I use to go there because they didn't allow smoking. Now that everywhere is non-smoking I can go anywhere.

2. symbamom73

symbamom73 Member

Great thanks. Wonder why I can't reach them. I will just stop by then.

3. symbamom73

symbamom73 Member

Great thanks. I will stop by.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've gone to see Johnny Orr a few times. It's OK, but fills up quickly. I just get tired of standing.

And what wulf said.

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Just received the weekly Johnston County Arts Newsletter,it also contains something about the Flipside:

The Flipside, Clayton, NC

Upcoming Music:

Friday - Wrecked @ Breakfast

Saturday - The Wells Family

6. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Flipside is still open. Still a great place for live music and great food. Are they hurting? Yes...most eating establishments are as well as many more bars due to the smoking ban. Flipside never allowed smoking (could not allow it according to the building code) so that never hurt the place. The failing economy is the culprit, here.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

So The coffee Mill is still open as well? I remember the orignal posts to this thread that they were going to close. I am so glad they didn't

8. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

They had some challenges, as all businesses do from time to time. But....you need to look at the original date on the original post. It was last year.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yea Its been a while since I looked at the original post and even as long since I even went there. But now that I know they did not close I will start going back.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The original Coffee Mill was a nice place to sit for a while. It lost the cozy, historic feel and got a colder edge when the current owners took over. Then they added the Flipside it and seemed like the coffee side slipped a bit more.