A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Why? Being an adult sucks sometimes.

Sherry

2. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I don't know yet. I haven't seen the 4 wheelers out today. I think he was supposed to just give them a warning. I have mixed feelings about having an HOA. On one hand I like not having to worry about a junky or disorderly neighborhood, but on the other hand, I'd like a little more freedom and less regulation. The next house I live in I'd like to just be out in the country with no neighbors. If I want a gravel driveway, who cares? If I have a pet goat, who cares? :lol:

3. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We live on a dead end road and on acreage (sp). It is wonderful and we have no HOA telling us what we can or cannot do. We can have a garden or what else we want. Pat

4. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

My daughter's teacher informed me today that her TA's husband died suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday. Please keep this family in your prayers. I can't imagine...:cry:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That is sad to hear.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

On another note, seems like the third vet was the charm. We've been fighting an ongoing battle with Molly's skin condition (dog in my current avatar). New meds (allergy and stronger antibiotic) and she is in better shape than I have seen her in over a year. You can actually pet her back without making her itch. I am SO happy, and I know she feels a LOT better too. :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I just love most of my neighbors.

Sherry

8. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

What vet do you go to? You can PM me if you want. I need a good vet that doesn't take so long to drive to.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Depending on where you live, it may not be any closer. I started taking her to Stage Road Animal Hospital. For me it is a HAUL out there, but several on here had recommended them as being both good and relatively inexpensive. Not sure they are all that much cheaper, but was really pleased with the vet we saw Monday. Can't remember her name, but could probably find it on the receipt.

10. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

LOVE Love LOVE Stage Road Vets
    He- Paul M. (never can spell his last name)
    Her- Short hair- Maria Broadwell Mendoza
    Her- Blonde hair Dr. Hackett

We usually see Maria, known her for ages, she an Angier/JoCo Line native. + She lives just behind the Vet Clinic.

And YES they are a much better deal than anywhere else!

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well.............my receipt does not say. Her hair was kinda salt and pepper and she probably mid-40s or so? Very matter-of-fact, no BS which I was delighted about. Got jerked around by Clayton Animal Hospital more than enough last year.

12. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

This must be a sign. My hairdresser told me this is where she goes, and she loves it too. I live off Hwy 50 not too far from McGees Crossroads so maybe it won't be that far of a drive.

13. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I just found out he was 35 years old. It was a brain aneurysm (can't spell).

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Taylor Swift should not be singing Rhiannon with Stevie Nicks!! :evil:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm going to get flamed, but I don't think she can sing all that well, period.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've always loved Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac.
    Taylor Swift is a little bit teenie bopper for me. Their sounds don't blend well.

17. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I have to agree. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan. I like Reba, Dolly, Martina and Wynonna - The real women of country.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly. That girl.............eh...........not so much.

Has the ZBB won anything??

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

me either!

OTOH...as tired as i am of tributes at every award show to Michael Jackson, this one was really good and it was nice to see Prince & Paris except the award for him. The "cousins" really look like their fathers, you could almost peg who was which brothers kid.

20. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Best New Group?