Any granite yards in the area?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Straitlover, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Before I head to Raleigh looking for granite slabs (preferably a remnant since it's just for my master bath vanity), I wanted to see if there are any yards in the 4042 area to keep the business more local. I checked on the special order countertops at Lowes (need double vanity size but just one sink on the right side), we're talking $600 plus, which won't happen. I'm hoping for a remnant to keep the total price way less than that.

TIA!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Theres one in Fuquay on 401

Have NO clue what the name is, I just pass it once a week.

3. mbe

mbe Member

Granite Yard on 401

Showcase Design and Marble is the name of the one on 401 in Fuquay. They do have some great-looking remnants.

4. Straitlover

I will have to check them out. That must be the place that I kept seeing a sign for when I was taking a class at Wake Tech Fall 2008. Wonder if they do fabrication/installation? I'll give them a call. Thanks!

5. mbe

mbe Member

Showcase Design

Yes, they do the fabrication and installation. They are doing a job for us next week. If your job can be done with a remnant, everything is taken care of there at Showcase. If you need an entire slab, you will have to go to a wholesaler to pick your slab. Then, Showcase gets your slab from wholesaler, fabricates, and installs. We've seen their work, and we like it. So, we'll see how they do on our job.

6. Straitlover

Sounds great. Post back on how they do.

I finally got smart and checked Google. :) Showcase is not the place near Wake Tech. That's Triangle Custom Granite or something close to that.

7. MCCx3

MCCx3 Well-Known Member

There is one in Clayton. It's down off of 42 near that Kids Camp place in that same office park area. You have to call the Raleigh office to get permission.

8. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

We have used Natural Gallery Kitchen & bath. We have been very pleased.

9. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We used them too for our entire kitchen and it turned out really well. Just make sure you know all the charges up front. We had a little surprise at the end, but it was only about $100 more, which wasn't that much when looking at the big picture for the job.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There is a guy whose son is in Scouts with mine who does granite, lemme see what the name of his business is. Awesome guy, some of the stuff he's done for the pack has been amazing fabrication wise.