Incompetence at the Papa Johns on 42E

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GoWulfpack, Jan 31, 2010.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

So I go pick up my wife in Smithfield and just before leaving for Clayton we call ahead for a pizza at Papa Johns on 42E. The Vietnamese girl on the other line says 20-25 minutes which would have put us there just in time.

So my wife goes in to pick it up while I sit out in the car with Wulf Jr. After waiting an additional 20 minutes, Mrs Wulf looks out at me and I give her the "let's get the hell out of here motion." She tells the Vietnamese girl up front it has now been 50 minutes since we called in the order and would just as soon have our money back. She says politely says ok and gets the manager. Now here comes the kicker. This female redneck manager is THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL person of management to ever grace the face of the earth!!!!!

When Mrs Wulf explains the wait, the mgr then turns to the Vietnamese girl and berates her in front of what had then become a lobby full of people waiting for their pick up order. The manager yells "don't tell them 15 minutes!!! (she had told us 20-25, even though it had been 50 at this point)"

A few seconds later one of their drivers walks in from making a delivery and she starts yelling at him about leaving with only one order. Finally as she is running the credit on our debit card, she starts in on Mrs Wulf about how she is there by herself and how they have done $3000 today in what Mrs Wulf described in a condescending tone. Hey lady, we don't give a crap about your problems....we are the customer. You best be glad I wasn't in there to hear such nonsense!!!!

As one can imagine, I'm sitting in the car wondering W T F is going on in there and am seriously considering walking in there to find out. I didn't only because I had lil Wulf in the car with me. As I'm watching this, the mgr lays the receipt down in front of Mrs Wulf instead of handing it to her after Mrs Wulf has her hand extended. Mrs Wulf doesn't get mad too often (insert joke about me here _____) but this one had her fit to be tied. Fortunately, other people waiting started asking for their money back as well as a result of this idiot manager's actions.

If I had been told ahead of time of an extended delay, I would have been glad to go home first and come back......and would have understood completely given the weather. Hell, if they had said "it will be another 20 minutes" after Mrs Wulf walked in....that would have been better than nothing. All they kept saying to Mrs Wulf was "yours is next" each time someone else walked out with their pizza.

Having said that, I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER get a pizza from that craphole ever again. I value service as much as anything and that crapshow of a manager took the cake. I understand things happen.....but don't EVER yell at your employees or make crybaby excuses in front of customers. EVER.

Circumstances I can tolerate but incompetence I will not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

On this one we agree. We don't go into that place anymore after something similar happened to me. SERVICE COMES FIRST!

Sherry

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You drive a car?

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Stop the presses

we agree

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

yes

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Just wanted to capture the moment! :mrgreen:

Sherry

7. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

a longer wait is one thing but 50 minutes for a pizza is incompetent.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We tried to order from Pizza Hut tonight, couldn't ever get through. I imagine the wait would have been at least that long. But they generally tell you it will be rather than leaving you hanging.

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I ended up going to Papa Joe's over by Food Lion. The guy gave me a complimentary drink while I waited.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just ended up fixing dinner here. Have had that Papa Joe's once but it's been a while.

11. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

We can not even get the Papa John's to tell us which location delivers to us. Since the new one opened by Lowe's, each one we call gives us a different location to call and order from. We have called them all and still do not know which one to use. Good thing there are other Pizza places around that want my business.

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

La Piazza was open last night. better pizza, or you can get the Lobster raviolli. yum

13. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Only thing I got out of this whine session was that you have a kid that will most likely grow up to be a racist hillbilly like his father.

14. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Yum is right! Wish I had that lobster ravioli right now!

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

LOL

16. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

And your kid (if someone would be brave enough to have one with you) will be an intolerant yankee. :jester:

17. GlobeBiz

GlobeBiz Well-Known Member

Do you really need to call up her nationality?

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

True - it's obvious that Asians don't know anything about pizza. Now if you need a radio repaired or a shirt cleaned, then they know what they are doing.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh lordy, fan the flames why don't ya?? :lol:

20. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I don't think "redneck" is a nationality.