Incompetence at the Papa Johns on 42E

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GoWulfpack, Jan 31, 2010.

1. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I guess considering Elvis is dead, a monkey will have to do. :jester:

2. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

Not happy with Chain Store Pizza- try some real Italian food at La Piazza

La Piazza, at the intersection of Hwys. 42 & 50, will feed and treat you like a King for the same amount of money you are spending at a chain store pizzeria. La Piazza offers a wide variety of choices. You can order anything from pizza to a full meal and eat well. The portions are no meager size either. You will be stuffed by the time you leave. Anthony and his staff go out of their way to get to know you and make you feel like you are family.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That's a bit of a trip from the Papa Johns on 42 East.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

But why pass up an advertising opportunity?

5. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

Is freedman's sister back?

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

How much is air fare?

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

This thread makes me appreciate even more the delicious frozen pizza we made last night! It was cheaper, no rude people to deal with, a 15 min wait and we had all the toppings we wanted! :mrgreen:

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

But you don't get a fortune cookie with a frozen pizza. You only get that a Papa Johns Asian Bistro.

9. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

Re: Advertisement

Hmmm . . . if you call my posting "an advertisement", you could be right, but I have no business or family association with La Piazza, I am just a very happy patron of the restaurant. I ate there last night, so the good food and ambiance are fresh in my mind. My money spends anywhere, and I choose to spend it at an establishment that appreciates my business.

10. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

:lol: Stop! No, don't stop.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

OK - thanks Anthony. :jester:

12. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

:lol: I just realized how that looked.

13. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

I think my coffee was spiked this morning. I've been acting weird all day. :lol:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And funny nobody else here ever mentions Obama's color, but you do...... Ie: any disdain for him means you are racist.

15. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

It's not always a bad thing to identify someone by race. I wouldn't be offended if I'm was only white girl in the room and someone (of any race) says, "The white girl took my pizza order..." :lol: Big deal.

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Some people are just a little sensitive....I bet the person that brought it up is a slant.

17. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

Expectations of Papa Johns a little too high

We eat there from time to time to get delivery which they are strangely good at getting that done quickly - never waited more than 30 minutes to have it delivered, but if we go through the trouble of actually picking it up, don't bother with them - go to Venero's or Mulberry and get real pizza.

18. jcongdon1

jcongdon1 Active Member

Just can't get a pizza anymore

We used to faithfully go to Grand Street Pizza but 2 times now I have called in a pizza and was told it would be 15 minutes. Upon showing up 20 minutes later they go to ring me up and I see what looks like my pizza is being made. According to the guy who said he was a manager the girl that works there is a problem child and the owner won't get rid of her.

Oh well, I walked to Charlies and had the usual excellent service! :)