Taxes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jan 30, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I thought secu was the same as lgfcu? I've looked at the lgfcu site, did a search for taxes and nothing comes up?

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

lgfcu??

3. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Local Government Federal Credit Union(LGFCU) is its own entity which is serviced at the SECU locations. From my understanding as a member of LGFCU, they have their own board of directors, officers, budget, etc. Most of their rates and services are the same, but I'm not sure about the tax services being offered bandmom. Most credit unions offer it so I would have thought LGFCU does also. I'd give em a call and see.

4. bandmom

sorry - local gov't credit union, I thought state empl and local govt were really the same?

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

no, they aren't. You have to access turbo tax from the SECU site, with your PIN to get the discounted rate. But you can still use Turbo Tax without "buying" it to put on your computer. I have used it since it came out.

6. bandmom

Got our state tax refund today :hurray:
    I figured it would take a lot longer cause they said they were going to hold them. :)

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Bandmom, when did you file?

8. bandmom

on Feb 12

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks - just a few days before me. Maybe there's hope I'll get it soon. :cheers:

10. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Even if you miss that deadline still go ahead and fill it out even if you know you aren't eligible for federal aid. It gets submitted to the college you list. This is the form the colleges look at when they award their grants. Check with the financial aid office at the college to see when their d/l is as each one is different.

11. bandmom

Oh - we already filed about 2 wks ago. Once you've got the tax info - doesn't take but a few minutes to apply online (plus our info from last yr was already there).. Hope we quailfy for something this yr since dh is unemployed. :cry:

12. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

did our taxes last night, with TurboTax, been using it the last few years. I think it broken though we have to pay :cuss: