Johnston Co. Schools Closed Feb 2, 2010

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Feb 1, 2010.

1. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

whatever Craig in a perfect world maybe, point being is my kid is my responsibility and I will make this choice for him and considering that he is doing great in school and never missed a day Sat. plans will continue!

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

LOL....part of the reasoning I'm all for year round schools.

3. sassymom

yeah I actually am too!

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

So if you have a child whose family is 7th Day Adventist or Orthodox Jewish and families observe their religious holiday, it's ok for a teacher to penalize them with a failing grade?

If you're saying that sports and extracurricular activities should not get in the way of education, I'm in complete agreement.

And, if we extend that logic, why not do away with all sports in schools and use the money for books, etc.

Some parents shell out a lot of money to provide extracurricular activities that the schools can't or won't provide. If these parents have paid for their kids to enjoy a soccer league, and the schedule prevents the child from participating in something the parents paid for, does the family not get penalized for trying to plan ahead and rely on the published make up calendar?

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The discussion was about Saturday birthday parties and sporting events.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Not me. I like my lazy days of summer. :)

7. CraigSPL

Then by all means Saturday should be marked as his first missed, day thus ending the perfect attendence.

8. sassymom

:mrgreen:

9. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

So, do you think they'll be school tomorrow? Most roads in our neighborhood are pretty good but our's is still quite icy. Thinking there will at least be a delay. Wondering though if there is still enough ice on secondary roads and you'll have a 3rd make up day to complain and argue about. :neutral:

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

This is JOCO we are talking about.....aint no Heebs around here....just washed in the blood of the lamb Suthin Baptists. :lol:

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard when the mak up day for today is?

12. CraigSPL

LOL.....from my earlier post and link provided the make-up day for Today Feb. 2 is April 9th.

13. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Bingo!!!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

In your world, I guess that's the case. Things? What unrealistic things? My complaint about lack of communication from the school? Gee? What are YOU complaining about right now?? 8)

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

You wouldn't understand even if I explained it to you. Carry on Miss Full Sweater.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, when you got nothing, start with the insults. :cheers:

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

If the school is open as a regular school, Saturday or any other day, my daughter better have her rear in her teacher's classroom. I do allow her one mental day out of school per year. One day to rest and relax without sports, events, etc. Other than that, unless she's sick, she better be in school.

Sherry

18. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

yawn....ok

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I bet you missed a whole semester.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You two fuss like an old married couple.