Another Facebook question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by shygrrl, Feb 2, 2010.

1. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Do you have to be a certain age to get an account on Facebook? If so, are all these kids lying about their age to get one. I have had the hardest time setting up an account for my DS!

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

the minimum age is 13. No website is allowed to maintain or store personal information about a person below the age of 13.

3. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Might be 13 but I personally know 5 that are under 10.

4. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I know of two kids that are about 10 and 12, if that and their mother constantly posts the most inappropriate things on her status and the poor kids see it.

5. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

all you have to do is lye about the year you were born :/

6. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Gotcha! Thanks all! (I told him he has to wait 18 months) :)

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

DS is waiting, but I do allow him to "work" my Facebook FARM!

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

DD will be waiting a while. Already got a 'friend' request from one of her schoolmates. Seriously, why in the world would I want to "friend" someone under the legal age to buy wine, as often as I mention it? Her message was that she wanted to friend me to ask me why my DD is having issues with the requestors BF? Wondering if the parents of this requestor know what she's doing on FB? I seriously doubt it.

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

10. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

dye, wulf, dye :lol:

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

My daughter is on there and she only has her Girl Scout troop girls on hers, she never goes on there anyways, did for the first day and none hardly after that. I don't post nasty stuff cause I do have other kids on my friends list, but if others do, then I block their message as soon as I see it.
    I think it all depends on the kid and parent.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:iagree:
    Since I don't post ANYTHING I don't want my Mom to see, then there really is no issue. No one I know posts anything inappropriate either. DS has one, but only because he wanted to play some of the games. I didn't give him the password, so I control when and if he logs on as well as any friend requests (what is with random people sending those anyway??). At the moment, his only "friends" are close relatives. His pic is not even in his profile, I have his privacy settings set as high as they will go. But again, he can't log in unless I do it. He hasn't even asked in a month. Farmville lost it's shine for him pretty quickly, LOL.

It's all about knowing what your kids are doing online.

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree: I just, wth the help of my daughter, setup a Facebook account. Both adults and teens requested to be friends and I did the same. With the teens I just poke them or something but when setting up a party it seems easier to coordinate on FB.

One of my daughter's best friends limited may access on hers so I deleted her. She had the nerve to ask my daughter why I deleted her. My daughter explained that if everything was kosher on her site why limit me. Girl's response is I just allow adult family members. Maybe so and maybe not but what use is it to have a friend with limited access.

Still trying to figure FB out.

Sherry

14. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

I originally joined FB for political reasons. Since then I've had friends from high school and the old neighborhood 'friend' request me. I always send a little note along that I will not be offended if they choose to drop me as a friend because of my political views or my political posts.

Only young ones I have are my grandchildren. Everyone else is over the age of 18 ( well over the age of 18 ).

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Anyone like new Facebook home page? So far I do not like it. Maybe it just takes getting used to it!

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I dislike it at the moment. Maybe I will later when I get used to it. I haven't had much time to mess with it.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

At least you can see the top of your notifications box now.

18. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'm having a problem with the new facebook home page. When I first log in, if I click on "most recent" it gives me all the new posts/updates. But once I go into someone's profile and hit "home" to go back, a bunch of the posts are missing! I hate it! It's hit and miss what posts are showing up on home time and so I'm missing some of them!

19. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

I don't like change unless it's in monetary form!:cry:

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I actually like it, alot. Finally have all "feeds" on one page. I absolutely HATED having to clink on links to see videos, click on photos to see photos, click on status to see status updates.....I like having one feed.

that's the way it used to be in the beginning before they made the first change....so in actuality, they changed it back to the way it originally was....

:hurray: