So, I got to thinkin'.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Feb 3, 2010.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

And I have no idea why I was thinking this cause I got good presents this past Christmas and on my birthday. But I kept thinking about others I know that got stuff that was nice, by all means, but not what they really wanted. It was more like stuff they needed, like hand towels or kitchen stuff or just....stuff you might get for a housewarming. So, as kind of a PRE-planning thing, I thought if we know that someone "needs" something or could "use" something, 9 times out of 10 they don't need it just at Christmas or a birthday, the need is usually "at the moment".

It's like sayine in May, "I know Susie Q has needed these towels and stuff for a while now so that's what I'm going to get her for her birthday in July or Christmas." Why not just go and get it NOW at Dollar General or Walmart as a nice gesture if you know that there is need that she cannot get? "Susie Q" is obviously a friend if your thinking about her in that way and KNOW these things. But for special days, get people fun stuff or pretty things, like music, jewelry, perfumes, decorative items that are for "just because" and not "because you needed to fill your walls."

Sure, doing it for the "need" is nice too but wouldn't you rather get something you WANT versus what you NEED? Most "needs" are immediate or close to it and not "seasonal" or yearly.

Just a thought.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Seems to me that we need to reorient and refocus. I've often heard a saying as a toast," May you want everything you have, rather than have everything you want."

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I've heard a similar one - "Desire what you have" ;)

4. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

Thanks God's Child,

I have a long list of thing I need right now. if you or anyone else here would like the list I'll PM it to you along with my address!

:lol::jester:

5. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Need some towels?

:jester:

6. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

I alway need towels! I just could not stop myself from replying when I saw my name in lights!! 8)