Valentine daddy& daughter dance

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Last year Interskate and the Clayton center had a valentine Daddy/daughter dance but I haven't heard them having one this year. I know smithfield parks & rec is having one, anyone know if there are any scheduled in Clayton? Thanks

2. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

If you go to Interskate's website and click on special events several come up. One is a daddy/daughter dance on Feb. 21st. Hope that helps!

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Daddy/daughter dance,isn't that the event where the daughters pledge to remain Virgins until they marry?

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Now that was cute. :mrgreen:

Sherry

5. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

That one isn't, but there is an organization that does it.

There is another one that I heard about it on Focus on the Family one time. It's a little different though. It's like a medevial set up where the father pledges publicly to be his daughter's protector and to show her how she ought to be treated and cared for and to help her to see that so she can have a healthy relationship in the future with someone. They have a big dinner and a dance. It is a very emotional time from what I've heard as some of the men there are step-dads, uncles or other family members that are willing to step up and be there for a girl that has no father figure in her life and is longing for that bond. These days there are alot of girls out there without that and this program is designed for them. It makes them feel that they are worthy of that and that someone does care and will stand for her.

:cry: I wish they had that program when my dad left when I was 6..:cry: You just don't realize how that program can be sooooooo beneficial to a young girl without that father figure in her life....:cry:

I wish we could get that to come around here.........

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  6. AnnetteL

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug: I know what you mean.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my church is having a Daddy/Daughter Winter Ball on February 27th....

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I thought it was a joke until I read your link. Not my style to do anything close to that.

Sherry

10. AnnetteL

Exactly! Not mine either ;)

11. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

We got a the ad for the daddy/daughter dance from school for 3/6/10. Got the tickets and getting my suit ready.