Shuttle Launch Sunday Night

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Feb 5, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

A coworker left today to go down and watch it.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4:39 am on a Sunday is mighty early to be standing goagles in hand in a rain soaked yard but it would be really cool to see it.
    I think it was on New Years Eve a few years ago that you could see both the Russian space station Mir(for the last time) and the American one pass each other in the sky, it looked like two moving stars passing each other to me.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I remember when those launches were a big deal.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It was a very big deal at the time. The one we saw was the very first launch of the Challenger. That is the one that exploded in 86, very glad we were not there for that one. :cry:

I still have a soft spot for the launches I guess. I had hoped to actually get DS to FL sometime to see one launch, but looks like that may not happen.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Looks like their days are numbered.

7. WE CAN ALL THANK RAGAN FOR ROBBING WELFARE AND TAX DOLLARS JUST SO WE CAN RACE THE RUSSIANS TO SPACE. NEEDLESS AND POINTLESS AND HE HAD THE NERVE TO SHOW PITY AFTER IT EXPLODED THAT TIME.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

GO AWAY. THE SOONER THE BETTER.

9. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I grew up about 2 hours south of the Cape and would literally watch it from my backyard. I also wanted to get my son down there for a launch because he loves it....guess not!

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

You're a trip....
    It's Reagan.
    And it wasn't Reagan that raced the Russians.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My great grandparents lived in Titusville, my grandmother lived at Cocoa Beach. That was a very long time ago, LOL. They have all passed on now and I haven't been down there probably since that launch.

We went to where ever it was that you could watch right across the water from the launch pad, danged if I can remember what they called it. I remember an alligator being down there though, me and my sisters were terriifed of it, LOL.

12. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Agreed!

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Major Nelson lived there too. He had a hot genie. Her name was....well, Genie.
    He would rub something to get her to pop out and then she would do things to make him happy, but she always goofed up first.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm thinking he went to Cornell..........................:jester:

16. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

:hurray:

17. THANKS!!111