Have you heard about this Band yet?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 6, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. ditch digger

ditch digger Well-Known Member

Annette L, I have the CD. My wife has been battling cancer for 2 years. The band is very good. I wish they had more songs on it, but they went for quality instead of quantity. At ten bucks, it is a good deal. My wifes doctor paid for the studio time but said that it wasnt really his kind of music, all the staff at UNC is super.

3. AnnetteL

I wish your wife all the best,I know it's a tough time!
    I too can recommend the staff at UNC,especially Dr. Boggess. Does she have to go all the way to Chapel Hill? I go to Rex since some of the Doctors from UNC are there Wednesdays and also sometimes on Thursdays.

4. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

My wife and I are big fans of N.E.D.!! Great cause and great music!!
    Got the CD a few weeks ago and we are going to try and go the the Lincoln Theater show on the 28th.
    My wife has been in the care of the doctors over at UNC for almost 10 years now battling Ovarian cancer.
    Prayers and best wishes to you AnnetteL and to you and your wife ditch digger.

5. AnnetteL

Thank you!
    Prayers and best wishes to your wife and you as well :grouphug:it certainly can be scary at times!

I just might go to N.E.D.'s concert also,I heard they were going to play at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill too.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  6. ditch digger

We go to Chapel Hill at least twice a week. Dr. Clarke-Pearson is her MD. All the nurses are super too.

7. AnnetteL

Is he a member of the band?
    That's quite the drive!
    UNC is were I had surgery.

8. ditch digger

No, he isnt in the band, but if you read the label, he paid for the studio time. He is an older gentlemen and said it just wasnt quite his type of music. Hes pretty cool though and wears a bowtie to work every day. One of her surgeons was an intern from our home state of Ky. and wore a UK hat on the day of my wifes surgery. I bet he caught heck for that.

9. AnnetteL

:lol:I bet he did!

10. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

he sounds like good people to me! ;)

11. ditch digger

We need to all get together and go to the show.

12. AnnetteL

That sounds like a great idea but I completely forgot about out anniversary :oops:being on the same date,on top of that my husband just likes country music :ack: