Need a good tanning salon around 40/42 area...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by the2popes, Feb 7, 2010.

1. the2popes

the2popes Active Member

I would love some suggestions about some tanning places...I can't do the 20 minute beds anymore (I have too little patience :) so a place that has the medium or high pressure...I actually live at McGee's Crossroads, but travel through 40/42 on my way home in the afternoons.

Thanks for any help.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

T'z Tanning in Peddler Village is a local favorite on here! :mrgreen:

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Absolutely! You will not find a nicer person than T. Also, there are coupons in the Cleveland Clipper if you decide to go there.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

5. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to salon in the plaza across from her? Opinions?

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I went there a few yrs ago. I have no complaints against it, I just found it harder to get and out of due to traffic there. Been going to T's for the last 2 yrs and like it better, all around. :lol:

7. KellBell

also, the one across the street, you don't get the options like you do at T's....in other words, it cost extra for the shorter timed, what they call "High pressure" beds, where as at T's one monthly price covers whatever bed you decide to be in, traditional 20 min, standup for 10, 15 min or 12 min beds....you get to pick.

8. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that T's hours are too short on Saturdays? I stopped by this weekend and was disappointed..

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Since I don't want to look like a Alligator Suitcase I've never been to a Tanning Salon,just my opinion ;)

Quote:Tanning salon owners say tanning machines are safer than outdoor tanning for two reasons: 1) they mainly use UVA rays, and 2) they offer more "controlled" UV exposure. However, we know now that UVA is a carcinogen, and studies have revealed that tanning salons frequently exceed "safe" UV limits. Study after study has shown that sunbed tanning increases the risk of both melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers.

The facts bear out: There is no such thing as a safe tan. However, there are safe alternatives in sunless tanners. Being informed about how to protect yourself from unwanted sun exposure is the best defense against skin cancer and photoaging.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Annette, no offense, but the OP wasn't asking whether or not she SHOULD tan. Unless you have been living on Mars, pretty much everyone knows there are risks involved in tanning, indoor or otherwise. :cheers:

11. AnnetteL

True :cheers:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope. 8)

13. AnnetteL

:lol: I admit it's been a bit dull on here today but I still need to disappoint you there King Kong :allears:since there wont be no cat fights between KDC an me;)

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:

15. AnnetteL

Yeah I figured you would :lol:at least this way you might get over not seeing a cat fight tonight a little faster ;)

16. KellBell

yep, it's true. There are risks. I choose to tan. But I try and tan as safe as I can. I use 30 SPF always, all over. Tanning makes me feel good. It boosts my personal morale and tan fat looks better than lily white fat. 8)

And just for the record, folks keeping outta the sun so much are now lacking in Vitamin D....which is really bad for women.

so it's a double edged sword.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The tanned fat made me laugh out loud!! I hadn't heard anyone say that since a friend of ours was talking about his wife (now ex). He used to say tanned fat looks better than white fat, and boy........his wife............whew baby! LOL.

Anyway, I haven't used a tanning bed in years, with that said, I STILL have tan lines from last summer, I spent so much time at the pool with DS. :lol: I am actually thinking about getting a month or two at one. I have eczema and it is great for that. A dermotologist put me in a tanning bed the first time I ever used one, right there in his office, one of the stand up ones. Everything in moderation. :cheers:

18. BondGirl

BondGirl Guest

I tan during the summer so I don't scare the people at the pool, but I can't afford to do it year round!! And finding the time is tough as well. But man is it relaxing when you get some good music and just lay there 8)

19. KellBell

:mrgreen: Glad I could make you laugh....but it's TRUE!!

I don't tan year round....but I do tan a few months leading up to summer. It helps me get the base tan going which helps me from getting scorched in the summer, since I have fairly fair skin.

I am starting early this year (tanning).....seeing how I am heading to Jamaica in 58 days...8)

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Tanning would interfere with my pasty whiteness.