A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Neither one of us knows yet. When ever she either A) gets tired of the Florida weather or B) when she runs outta money/stuff to do.

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

LOL! guess it will be a surprise!

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I wish the word "got" was taken out of our language.

Sherry

4. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

My brain hurts

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I think so :lol:

AND my dad went to lunch with us and he paid! :hurray:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a good kid. Sometimes it's easy to forget that in day to day life, but he really is awesome. :)

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

i still luvs ya precious!! :mrgreen:

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you forgot c.) if the couch isn't comfortable now that Joe is here with Mom...LOL

10. CrazyFabulous

luvs you too muffin!! give a hollar when you get back!

11. CrazyFabulous

we got 3.....yes 3 different things to sell from school yesterday! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug:
    Welcome to my world. :evil: Last year and this year mine are selling cookie dough (and not so pretty jewelry). Last year a flat donation of $20 or $25, the "prize" got them out of class to see an animal show in the gym/auditorium. This year they have to turn at least two orders and the better bargain is $15 ea. Personally, I don't believe on putting the burden of raising PTA money on the backs of my children. Add this to the five or six different cancer charities, donations for Haiti, cans, juice bags and box tops collections ...It gets a little ****ing old. I appreciate what they are going for the benefit of the school. But for those of us who are willing to donate money with out having how to figure out how to store four 3 lb tubs of cookie dough it sucks. Last year for the fundraiser alone we donated $50 total. I just feel they are figuring out a way to squeeze a few more bucks (that is taking food off of my table) from my pockets.

If we didn't have to buy something I'd be more than happy to make a flat, substantial donation. ...I just feel like they are feeling out different ways to get greedy.

</rant>

13. BondGirl

BondGirl Guest

I am not looking forward to when this starts happening with my son. It already gets a little crazy at work with the girl scout cookies and you have to decide who to buy them from and you feel guilty if you don't buy from everyone. It just becomes more of a huge pain than any sort of worthwhile cause. Not to mention you don't want to disappoint your child if they get really excited about "winning" because depending on the age even if you explained to them that winning isn't everything they may still be pretty sore with you. Ugh.

14. CrazyFabulous

its exhausting and aggravating! they have already done 3 or 4 this year!!! when does it stop! geez!!

funny......son is selling (or supposed to sell) the not so pretty jewels. in his mind he is supposed sell MY jewelry! he said this morning for me to pick out the ones i dont like so much!! LMAO!!!

15. BondGirl

BondGirl Guest

and do people even buy the jewelry other than family members? I can only imagine what it looks like or what it costs. I mean the cookie dough I get. That gets put to good use, but ugly jewelry? Come on JoCo schools! Surely there are better products out there.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Another $300 + more stuff done to my car today :cry::cry::cry:

17. CrazyFabulous

this is the 1st time i have seen the jewelry.....we wont sell any of it. people get tired of you peddling that crap ya know?!

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I am disgusted with the way our government treats our seniors!

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, ummmmm... I'm not going outside today. :cool:

20. BondGirl

BondGirl Guest

Me neither. I've decided to scrounge up food in the office for lunch instead of going out to get something. Not only is it cold as crap, but the wind is so bad I can hear our building creaking (I'm on the 15th floor).