Are you a vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by veggielady, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It's pricey. I've really only bought alot of organic when nursing and making baby food. Oh - wait, that's the same thing.

2. veggielady

veggielady Guest

BondGirl: Sorry about that. You may change your mind as time moves on.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

color me skeptical, but it seems weird that you want to have potlucks for vegetarians and introduce them to the lifestyle.....

:confused:

4. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

What are your qualifications to advise us about allergies, diet, etc? Do you have a web page?

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's all right, I know a number of vegetarians, but I love meat and still consume vegetables also! :mrgreen:

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

So if I eat a carrot will I be as smart as the rest of you vegetardians?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Couldn't hurt, and any improvement in that area would be appreciated. :jester:

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

shut up doc :jester:

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

From my understanding about organic veggies, if they aren't locally grown, then they begin to lose their nutritional value quickly during shipping. However, frozen veggies hold their nutrition longer. Ideally, it would seem that locally-grown, organic vegetables would be best, followed by regular fresh veggies and then frozen. If organic veggies are shipped across multiple states and then sit in a grocery store for several days before purchase, according to what I read, it can alter the quality of what you think you're buying.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO, since when does anyone on here need qualifications to advise on anything?:lol::lol::lol:

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Sooo... if I'm interested in becoming vegetarian or anything you're ..offering.. I'm supposed to give you my personal information...?

SPAM CASSEROLE

8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
    12 oz. can Spam, cubed
    1/3 c. onion, chopped
    1/4 lb. cheese, cubed
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 c. milk
    Salt and pepper, if desired
    1 1/2 c. buttered bread crumbs

Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees. Add mushrooms and green pepper for variety. Makes large casserole.

[​IMG]

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I love your sense of humor.

Sherry

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My husband brought back some Woodchicks BBQ from Va Beach probably 3 weeks ago. It wasn't anything to write home about, LOL. MUCH prefer Holy Smokes.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Now, now nsane! However hilarious your post, you are not living up to the OP's intellectual standards!!! :jester:

16. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

iv'e got a degree in horticulture and do it for a living. Organic, for the most part, is a gimic.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Indeed it is. I know first hand of a dairy farm next to a family member's farm that sells "organic" milk. Total load of cow excrement. He used everything under the sun on and around those cows.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

What are your qualifications to advise us on who needs qualifications? :mrgreen:

20. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

:hurray: Took me a second.