Poll: Is the treadmill worth it?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4ME2KNOW, Feb 11, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Thinking about buying a treadmill. If you have one, does it become a clothes rack or do you really use it?

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

my dad bought on and it was only used to dry clothes. It ended up in my basement where it has a new use. Rottweiler loves sleeping on it. My cousin however, lost probably 75 pounds on his. Had to replace it. Guess its up to you.

3. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I use mine, a few times a week. I thought I would use it like 4-5 times a week but its more like 3-4. It's easy to make an excuse not to use it but when I look at it I see my husband's dollars there and I don't want it to be a waste of his money (considering I beg'd him for it)!!!

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

If I had one I'd use it. But that's easy to say because I don't have one. I did have one a few years ago...seldom used it :oops:

5. 4ME2KNOW

That is where I am at. I am begging my husband for one. In my mind I see myself using it 4-5 times a week but I know it's easy to make excuses!

I also meant to ask what kind everyone has...do you like it or wish you had a different one.

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Only if you use it

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I think it would be great for conditioning to run before actually getting out and doing. It would also be great for rainy days if you're going to use it primarily for walking. The problem with a treadmill is about the same with a stationary bike. There is a difference getting your exercise outside versus on a machine where you just aren't going anywhere. I know riding a stationary bike isn't no where near as enjoyable as strapping on a helmet and feeling the wind in your face.

The best exercise is one you're willing to stick with.

8. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

My BF uses his for a clothes rack too. I never got one because it just seems cheaper to go outside and walk. Once you've gotten into the habit, it's hard not to do it everyday.

9. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Mine is a Pro-Form that I got at Sears several years ago. I really like it. I use it a lot, especially in the winter and summer when it's really hot or cold outside. Spring and Fall I like to walk outside. Mine is programmable and has an incline, so you can mix it up.

The key for me is to have some entertainment while I'm using it. I have a tv/dvd player set up in front of it and I found if I watch an hour long show on a dvd, then without the commercials it comes to about 45 minutes, which is perfect. I'll rent a season of a show like The Closer or Desperate Housewives. DH & 24 are really good ones because they are continued, so I'm motivated to get back on the next morning to watch the next episode! I usually do 45 minutes 4 -5 mornings a week.

It's definitely a personal thing though. That is just what works for me.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

But it's so much easier to get a fresh beer when you run out.

:jester:

11. use him 4-5 times a week for a work out

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Buy it now so I can get it for $15.00 next summer at your yard sale.

13. susie_Q

susie_Q Member

Any of you that want to get rid of a motorized treadmill for cheap or give it away??

I'm looking for one as well. :)

14. 4ME2KNOW

My abs just got a good work out from laughing hysterically at your post! :lol::lol::lol:

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

They're great to have sex on :mrgreen:

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Rule was made up front that it would not become a clothes rack. Put it in the living room in front of the TV so it is always nagging me and get used about every other day I am home.

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I have had a threadmill upstairs for 6 years now, seldom used, but we bought an elliptical 3 months ago and put that next to the threadmill and the elliptical gets used everyday by one of us! So I would buy an elliptical before I got a threadmill!

18. ahlsmiles

I have the same as Brea. I think its great. I also have to have entertainment. I use it whenever one of my favorite shows come on and the time goes by fast. Or I put on my mix cd of fast tunes and I use it. I cover up the screen that tells me how long I'm on or else I find myself watching the timer.

19. ahlsmiles

Ooh! Just might try that. (HAHAHA)

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I bought an incentive today to exercise. Found a formal dress (which I have no place to wear) that is just a little too small. I bought it anyway. I'm going to fit in it if it kills me. Now..........gotta plan when and where I'm going to wear it. :jester: