A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Many parts are edible!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You want it? DH will attempt to find and dispose of it when he gets home, I am sure. :lol:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

There are many things you will eat when you can't afford going to the Grocery store - Possum, Squirrel, and Horse are just a few of them we ate as children. Now that I earn a decent salary I don't intend on eating any of those again, well with the possible exception of Squirrel (minus the balls).

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sometimes we need a reminder of how good we have it. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

WAY back when... someone's hound had one trapped under my shed in the middle of the night. I heard this God-awful noise coming from outside and saw the dog barking at the barn. Curiosity got the better of me and I went out with a flashlight. Them thangs hiss! ...poor opossum... I thought it was kinda cute....I know... :ack:

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I once killed a raccoon with my bare hands for beer money.

7. nsanemom22

:shock: ... we had one as a pet when I was little. I thought it was funny how it washed it's food in the mud puddle before it ate it.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Got to see the bright and bouncy side of life!

9. nsanemom22

10. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

This has been the longest week of my life. TGIF

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

With DH being home more in the mornings, I can't get anything done. :lol:

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

In the Jungle Operations Course in Panama, we had to catch, skin, and cook a howler monkey. Reluctantly, but with the desire to quell the hunger, I ate it. Texture reminded me of roast beef. I've not eaten roast beef since, not even the Awesome Pot Roast at GC.

Went through a period of Ramen noodles for 2 meals a day. Did popcorn and water for a couple of weeks. Entered an all you can eat pancake contest (monthlong duration.) I had the darned thing won by the end of the first week. 3 meals a day. Stack of pancakes, glass of water. Took me ten years before I'd even look at a pancake again.

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I ate goat with curry sauce recently and had a stomach ache for over a week.

Sherry

14. Sherry A.

I wonder if I did not pick up around our house if my daughter would even notice. I think we would wind up on Hoarders. I swear she just drops things all over the place. I once picked everything up in the den and her room and threw it all in the backyard. Smart arse came home picked it all up and put it away without saying anything.

Drives me insane.

Sherry

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Sherry, you are now my idol. :cool: Or twin, not even evil twin. Just my twin.

16. Cleopatra

17. Sherry A.

Had to be about me.....of course if we are twins it could have been either of us. :mrgreen:

Sherry

18. Cleopatra

There is no mention of tie dye - it must have been me. :lol:

19. Sherry A.

Made me laugh out loud. I'm telling mom.

Sherry

20. Cleopatra

I always peruse for the local missed connections.