my long weekend..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ARodrigues, Feb 11, 2010.

1. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I'm leaving tomorrow for Florida and now I'm getting calls from friends about potential snow down there...WTF? That wasn't what I had in mind..

2. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Well I am in Florida now, Daytona area...the beach was 45 this afternoon! Ugh!!

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything about snow and I am down in Palm County (Jupiter to be exact), about 80 miles north of Miami. Last night we had a wind chill advisory, this morning I saw a 70% chance of rain tomorrow and temps in the 40's overnights and 70's through the weekend days.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That beats the 2-4 inches of snow they are calling for here overnight tonight. Oh and another chance of snow on Monday. May not get my golf in on Sunday even though it is supposed to be 47 and sunny.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we're heading to the beach house this weekend! calling for snow there....I am bringing the camera...never seen snow on the beach before......

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

a little off topic, but i notice in that first post that at least one of the board filtering parameters seems to have have changed....

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yea i have to fly out in the am to go to fl to a funeral and when I did the online check in it had posted:

* Flight # 2605: There is a travel advisory in effect for Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU).
    * Flight # 2605: There is a travel advisory in effect for Charlotte, NC (CLT).
    * Flight # 1021: There is a travel advisory in effect for Charlotte, NC (CLT).

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we can always count on you. 8)

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks Nevil!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it is gorgeous, saw it quite a few times in VA at VA Beach and it is the coolest sight - i always think that is like the perfect scene, sitting inside with a roaring fire and watching the snow fall on the waves