What kind of chocolates for Valentines would...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 12, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

you buy for yourself?

I used to like Russel Stover but not so much anymore,Lindt would not be bad or something from Godiva.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Godiva or Ghirardelli. :)

If you're gonna spend money on chocolates... spend money on chocolates!!

3. spazzmom

spazzmom Member

LINDT please. The best chocolate around.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My first job after being a paper boy (and part time Janitor for my biological father) was at a candy store. We had two little old Polish Lady's who hand dipped all the chocolates, we used Ambrosia Chocolate (where Jeffry Dahmer worked).

I know I didn't answer your question but the Chocolate I wouldn't eat is anything from Nestles and Hershey's. After I left the candy store it took about three years before I would try any other chocolate.

I noticed over the years how my taste in chocolate changed from Milk Chocolate to Dark Chocolate.

However I think in recent years they have been getting carried away with the dark chocolates, its like a contest of who can make the crappiest tasting dark chocolate.

5. cece

cece Well-Known Member

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I was hooked on Lindt white truffles for the longest!

[​IMG]

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Tootsie Rolls. And none of those little bite size cheapie Tootsie rolls. I'm talking about those big Lincoln log size Tootsie Rolls.
    Life is GOOD!

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

See's candies are my favorite, but haven't had them in years.......can't get 'em 'round here! :banghead:

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I so totally agree!!!

11. AnnetteL

:iagree:about the Hershey's and the Nestle chocolate :ack: also about the too many dark chocolates these days! Lindt's dark truffles are edible though.

I don't know if I could ever eat chocolate from Ambrosia again after hearing that Dahmer worked there...

Hope you're not still stuck at the Airport!

12. AnnetteL

I liked them too until all of a sudden they suddenly became too sweet but that didn't happen until after I ate way too many of them ;)

13. AnnetteL

:iagree:
    I've seen those handmade one's at places like the Fresh Market and others,
    I could buy at least half a dozen of each.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks but I am at one of the Airport hotels, at least it is a decent hotel!

Also remember that protein comes in many forms! :mrgreen:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll are a buncha snobs!! Give me a Reese's cup and I am good to go!! :jester:

16. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Godiva....first choice :p

Whitman's sampler, cause its just fun...second choice

Ghirardelli milk choc and caramel...would not turn it away

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Cadburys Chocolate, especially the Caramello bars. Or Dove Milk Chocolates - YUM!

A client gave me a bag of valentine milk chocolates today that she got from Whole Foods by a company called Lake Champlain and they are delicious!! Really smooth and creamy. I had never heard of that brand before, but I may have to visit Whole Foods just for their chocolates...

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

G
    It is going to take an adjustment to eat Kraft Chocolates, had a cream egg the other day and even though I know better, it did not seem to taste as good.

19. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Wait!--are you saying Kraft now owns Cadbury??! Easter will never be the same! I say we protest!

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member