Support Capriccio 42!!!! Tuesday Feb 16!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by susie_Q, Feb 13, 2010.

1. susie_Q

susie_Q Member

I got this email today from John.

Hello Friends & Family,

Thank you for your understanding during this time of transition of partnerships for Capriccio 42. We are opening for Sushi on Tuesday evening, and the menu for the Grille/Steak formally Italian side will be in full operation with a new menu within a week. Please join us, Sushi Lovers on Tuesday and we thank you again for your patronage and support. Have a wonderful weekend and we hope to see you soon for our exciting changes.

John C Rapana

Support our local businesses... I can't live without their sushi!!!

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

If that means no more Italian then that's probably it for me. Sushi isn't uncommon anymore and I can get a steak anywhere but good Italian is hard to find (there are some decent chains in Cary or Raleigh but I live in JoCo).

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see the menu though.

3. So exactly how many good Sushi places do you know of around here since they are so "common"? You're right that a steak can be a dime a dozen, but his neighborhood needs Capriccio.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

ditto on the sushi.... and I'd like to know where you are finding a "good steak" in the area too....and please don't say Outback....

:allears:

5. KellBell

or a Jimmy V's.... ;)

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm NOT downing Capriccio's!

Sushi is not uncommon in the Triangle, just in JoCo, and as far as steak goes I never specified 'great' steak. If Cappriccio's is gonna try to compete with the high end places mentioned they're going to have a tough go of it in this location no matter how good the product is.

I would guess their target demographic for a steakhouse would look more like "Outback" or "Lone Star" than "Sullivan's".

I wish them nothing but the best in their business, it's just that decent Italian food is a market ill-served in JoCo and I hate to see them get out of it.

8. KellBell

Hey, I know you weren't "downing" them. And I wasn['t trying to give you a hard time... I really was just wondering where you found a "good steak" in the Capriccio area.

We go to Raleigh all the time for great sushi and great steaks....but I thought you were keeping a secret about a "good" steak. :mrgreen:

And I have to say, as authentic italian is my all time favorite meal...that La Piazza is really good, for the area, IMO. Their service is iffy, but the food is always excellent, always. (not trying to get anyone's panties in a wad about La Piazza, just stating my opinion)

9. Ruth Chris is overrated and overpriced. my humble opinion

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You need to take a trip into downtown Clayton and have a meal at Mulberry on Main for Italian.

As far as sushi goes in the area, they are all pretty much the same, at least in my opinion, be it Cappricio, Banzai, Kobe, Kaze. They have some good stuff and medocre stuff. Prefer to go to Raleigh or Cary for sushi as you are more likely to find new/more exotic offerings and a larger selection.

As for steaks in the local area, they are hit or miss depending on who is cooking, and what the food distributor has available that week. As an example, at McK's I've had some great ribeyes and I've had some so-so ribeyes, depends on who is cooking, and what Sysco has brought in that day. A meal cooked by an actual chef instead of a short order grill cook will usually always taste better.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My house. :lol:

When we go out to eat <seldom> I don't order a steak because I know they are gonna screw it up. :lol:

I had rather eat at home anyday than going out.

12. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

My favorite place for steak is Firebirds at North Hills. I know it isn't local, but it is goooood!

13. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

For truly GOOD italian food you need to try Daniel's on main in Fuquay Varina!! The one thing I'm going to say about Caapriccio's is the out side looks so bad we have never wanted to try it. No curb appeal at all. Good italian food at Mulberry On Main in Clayton also. JMO Pat

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I like Firebirds too except for two things: it's always very noisy in there and hard to have a nice conversation, and I don't believe in having to pay extra for a salad that goes with my steak and potato. Otherwise, the food and service is excellent! I was just there last week and my ribeye was wonderful!

15. KellBell

My house has good steaks too, but we L O V E to go out to eat. :mrgreen: I won't ever order steaks because of exactly what you said, they ALWAYS screw it up. We are going to Jimmy V's this weekend.....the best place to get a steak, ever.

16. KellBell

Thanks Craig....we will. I have heard nothing but good things about it. I have found the best Sushi place in Raleigh...beats all the others, and I think I have eaten at all of them....next time you and Tass are out in Raleigh you must go! It's called Haru and its over off Glenwood, at the corner of Oberlin Road, in that shopping center. They have a roll called the "scary jerry" too-die-for (so good it's not even on the menu...it's one of their specials).
    http://www.harusushiusa.com/index-4.html

17. KellBell

dude.....there are no words.....:cheers: take your bride for a romantic dinner!

18. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

We love Clayton Steak House. We usually get the big 32oz proterhouse to share. Also the pan seared scallop app is to die for.

19. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

I second Clayton Steak House. Excellent seasoning of steak.

I AM SO HAPPY THAT SUSHI IS BACK!!!! Will try to make it tomorrow night. I have tried a lot of sushi in the Raleigh area and John's sushi is top notch. If you are the type person that likes sushi then Cappricio's would rank even with any of the big Japanese steak house places. However, if you are more of a sushi connoisseur, then you know that John's sushi is above most others!

20. KellBell

I have had both....and they're both dee-licious!!

check out their menu online...( you probably already have)...my soon to be hubby gets the Cowboy....it's HUMONGOUS!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010