Cell Phone Service Shopping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ahlsmiles, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I am in the market for a new cell phone company or at least for a cheaper plan. We pay 189.00 plus tax for two phone with unlimited everything. How much do other people pay, if you dont mind telling. I think what we pay is excessive, however we do a lot of talking (for our jobs). Sigh......

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

$169.00 a month, but I ain't normal, and most of that is for 2 unlimited data plans.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sounds like Sprint. Which we have. Luckily DH gets a discount and ours is about $140 +/- for the same. 3000 shared minutes and unlimited text and data. His company pays for his portion. Thank heavens.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually Verizon, full plan for the Droid and a data card for the laptop.

Fortunately work pays for the whole thing.

6. ahlsmiles

Totally Sprint. Just talked to them and the offered the 3000 shared w/ unlimited txt and data which is what I'm switching to. I just wanted to see if we were totally being ripped off.

The nice lady I talked with told me a good bit of info; to call every so offen to see if them have a better plan than which you're currently on.(toally makes sense but it was one of those DUH moments) (-: I didn't even know they had free cell calls to any other cell phone (regardless of the provider)!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They didn't have the free calls to all other cells when we first got it last year, so now we are not using anywhere near 3000 minutes. Am going to see if we can reduce our plan. :cheers:

8. ahlsmiles

YES, do! She quoted me 3000 shared, unlimited txt/data and the plan includes the free mobile thing for $129.00; it was 169.99 on the web. Changing the plan also doesn't extend your contract!

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My plan is no longer offered, but honored under the Alltel/Verizon merger. My plan is a regional plan (NC, SC, & GA)...$59.95/month for 1200 minutes and $9.99 for each additional phone. I don't utilize texting, so I do not have that on my plan.