Weekend getaway

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tangerine, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We want to get away for the weekend and I really don't want to go to the beach. I'm looking for a nice quiet romantic place to go. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Do you like B&B's, hotels, cabins?
    There are some nice B&B's in Wilmington.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I think there is a winery down in Duplin County that has cottages beside a lake. I think they are like 2 or 3 rooms with garden tubs. I can't remember the name of it right off hand. Google it or give me til tomorrow and I'll look for it.

Edit:

Its actually in Dublin, NC and is located near Elizabethtown, NC in Bladen County. Its the Lu Mil Vineyard. It was in an ad back around Christmastime. It may not be your cup of tea so to speak, but here it is...

http://www.lumilvineyard.com/cabins.html

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

One of the most fun AND romantic getaways my husband and I took was to the mountains of NC. We went waterfall hunting! LOL

We literally got a map and plotted out our route to see as many NC waterfalls as we could in one weekend. We started our journey at the chatalochee ski resort and worked our way around. There is some breathtaking scenery around there and we had a blast!

5. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

There's a trailer about three houses down from me that got evicted on last week. It's on the quieter side of the park cept for the old man across the street that needs to grease up his oxygen machine. Thang is just loud enough that the dogs can hear it and go to howlin' at night.

I can ask the land lord if he'll do weekend rentals. PM me.

6. stillcrazy

stillcrazy Guest

:lol: Sounds romantic!! I needed a laugh this morning.

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

No need to ask the landlord. I'm sure if the door's locked, it'll come off the trailer without a key easy enough, or there's probably a window you can just crawl through. :jester:

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Charleston! Stay at one of the old downtown hotels with fireplace in bedroom, carrage rides around town, walking distance to great food...Charleston is beautiful anytime of year.

9. Tangerine

all these sound good. I really like the Charleston idea. I'll have to check into that one.

10. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

We are going to Charleston this weekend too! I was told there was still plenty of things to do, even though it is cold. We will see!

11. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

12. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Google New Bern NC. They have a great downtown area with quaint little shops. Good restaurant also. You can elect to do B&B's or hotels as they have both right downtown. Try it, you will like it. We're from New Bern. Lived there for 40 years. Pat

13. Tangerine

OMG he would like this. I'll show it to him when he gets home.....now that i've almost got him talked into taking me to Charleston. :lol:

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

One place that I like is the Riverwalk in Wilmington. Shops, restaurants, a safe, nice place to stroll day or night beside the Cape Fear River. Plus, you could take a Riverboat cruise, carriage ride, historic tour of the downtown district. My wife and I went down there for a sunset wedding that was hosted at one of the restaurants right on the Riverwalk. They also have numerous B&Bs plus a variety of accomodations at either hotels or motels according to your budget and preference. There is a Hilton right on the river. That was a bit out of our budget when we went, but we did stay at a Holiday Inn on Market Street that was very nice and clean. Secure rooms (all with indoor entrances), key-coded room cards that opened all locked entrances, indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym, plus they have a small restaurant located at the front. It was not that far from downtown either.

15. Tangerine

well so much for our weekend trip. the prodigal son has been here all weekend spending money like crazy. he bought a big flat screen tv to put in a bedroom here that doesn't even have cable, he also bought all kinds of things for his new ride he just bought. he left this morning to go back home and just called and said he was broke and needed money to pay his rent. of course he hasn't offered to pay a dime here as per our agreement when he moved his gf in. i am so ticked off right now. i think its time to clean house.