Support Capriccio 42!!!! Tuesday Feb 16!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by susie_Q, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I thought Clayton Steakhouse closed down. Is it still open?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Web page is still up, but unfortunately I haven't made it there in a while.

http://claytonsteakhouse.com/

3. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

It's still open. We go every weekend.

4. Ima Sheltie

Didn't a new restaurant open downtown recently? I guess I was thinking they opened where the steakouse is

5. susie_Q

susie_Q Member

I agree completely!!! We ate at Kanki the other weekend to get our sushi fix while Capriccio's was closed and it was more like "fast food" sushi than the top quality stuff that John makes. If you know sushi, you know his is good!

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I think you're thinking of the old Main Steak Restaurant (or something like that), where Pier 33 opened up. Clayton Steak House is still in business.

7. Ima Sheltie

Ah yes, you are correct. Thanks

8. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

We go there every Valentine's Day. Went Sunday and it was wonderful as always! I love, love the filet and dh always gets the prime rib. Great atmosphere too, very romantic!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:cheers:

I agree 100%

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Spoke with John (Sushi) and Joshua (new owner/partner) yesterday, they are in the process of inspections, permitting, remodeling, etc., and ARE NOT going to be open tonight (Tuesday Feb. 16) They are sorry about the miscommunication, but the weather as well as issues involved in transition from one ownership to another don't make this possible. They are looking at opening the first of March, if not before. Look for the lights and signs.

They look forward to seeing old friends and new faces!!!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so is it true that it is going to be 2 different restaurants in the building that are not connected anymore?

12. dgsatman

Not at all; one partner out, a new one on board. As stated before, new partner is a chef with several sucessful restaurants under his belt. John and the Sushi Bar were the part of Capriccios that seemed to work and shine, and I wanted him to stay. The Italian side never seemed to mesh, and truth be told, the food was OK, but it wasn't all that.

Hopefully the new operation will have a more relaxed and fun atmosphere, and will be a brightspot in the community.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, sounds good - the person who is stating she is their representative said it was going to be 2 totally separate places so thanks for setting that straight. i will definitely go check it out when it opens and i am assuming most of the staff will be new too?

14. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

Thank goodness they will still have sushi!! The place worked so great for my husband and I because he doesnt eat it and I do..

Now it will work out even better, because he's a hard core carnivore.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Met the new owner, Joshua, and his General Manager Erica yesterday and they are both super nice people. Saw John too and they are all excited about this new opportunity in our little neck of the woods. If you can judge by the folks in charge, i really think this place will make a go of it up there and cannot wait for them to open. They are trying hard for this weekend to open the Sushi side as long as all inspections and stuff get done on time and i will definitely be ready to try them out. Gotta love a local business:cheers:

16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So what type of food/restaurant is in the "new" side?

17. dgsatman

They are staying with Sushi and adding some Asian dishes on the Sushi Bar side, which bshould be open within a week. The "bar" area, facing 42 will be American fare, steaks, chops, burgers, etc, with live music and other entertainment, probably mostly on the weekends, plus things going on outside "in the grove" (if winter will ever get the hell outta here!) They are looking to bring that side up and running within a week or two.
    Hopefully the new management will bring back what's been missing for the last couple of years; some personality, excitement and fun to a landmark corner of the 40/42 community.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

not really sure, didn't really discuss it cause it is still a couple weeks out being open. The only impression i got about the other side is they wanted a more relaxed fun place for our area, i think more of a bar atmosphere but don't quote me on that, that is just the feeling i got.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks dg, you posted while i was still typing and you are definitely more in the know than me:hurray:

20. dgsatman

Of course, I think we're all waiting for the REAL inside source to fill us in.....;)