Sedation Dentistry...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Sep 28, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Dr. R does have sedation, at certain offices.

I will tell you right now, you are exactly like me when it comes to dentists. I had a tooth abscess last summer and ended up in Dr. R's 210 office with Dr. McNeely. OMG.... my entire outlook on Dentists has changed. He is the most kind, gentle man on the planet. I have gone back to him to have 2 more root canals, if that tells you anything. I know there are no words to take away the anxiety, but I am telling you, Dr. McNeely is awesome (plus he is gorgeous to look at too. nice consolation). Good Luck girl.

2. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

My mother-in-law just had an abcessed tooth removed by Dr. C and had no problems at all! He even called her that night to check on her and see how she was feeling. She was very impressed, especially after the terrible experience with the dentist leading up to this referral~

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

OMG! just made an appt. w/ a dentist...YIKES!!! 2pm on Thursday for consult w/ Dr. R. They were VERY nice on the phone & she even said they deal w/ plenty of big chickens like me--LOL. We'll take it from there. She said if they feel something needs to be done right away, they will. Doesn't take the nervousness away but at least I now know they seem to care which is a big plus in my eyes. Let you know how Thursday afternoon goes. Thanks for all the help.

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. KellBell

you're in good hands. If you have access to xanax or valium, you could pop one before you go....it definitely takes the edge off.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You will LOVE Dr Riccobene.

6. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Do have xanax. May take a whole one. DH is driving me just b/c he knows I'd circle the parking lot till the office closed. Did I happen to tell you I HATE the dentist?! This guy seems to have high marks from many, many people in this area. Better yet, I have not heard not even one negative comment....ever. So, willing to give him a chance and I'm telling you, if he works wonders on me, I may become his newest campaign--LOL. Thanks again & I'll let you all know on Thursday if I could even set foot in the building.

Stephanie--mom to 7

7. KellBell

take a xanax (God's gift to Mom's I say) before you go....your adrenaline will be pumping so hard, but it will take the edge off....they'll give you some happy gas too.....it's the best. You'll be fine and I bet you come back on here with nothing but good things to say....

trust me, "chickens" are the norm for dentists these days....

8. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I finally got up the courage to go to the dentist - major accomplishment for me. I went to Venet Dentistry in the White Oak plaza - found them by mistake but am so glad I found them. It's been about way too long since I sat in the chair. I told the receptionist it took me a week to actually dial the number and I hung up several times before I completed the dialing. I feeling so much better having gone now. I thought for sure there was going to be some pain but actually nothing. I'm the biggest chicken - my childhood dentist never used novacaine when he did my fillings. It has definitely changed over the years - they now use a prenumbing agent before they even give you the shot -- even had a parafin hand wax treatment while my teeth were being cleaned.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My dentist is at Clayton Smiles. When I park they come out and walk me in. I am terrified of all dentists. They walk me back, numb me, put the shots in and immediately put me on gas. It is the noise that scares me so they have an iPod ready for me to put in (I take my own ear plugs).

I cry the whole time I am in the office. It's kind of relieving since I am not a crier.

After reading this thread it seems I am not alone, which is a good feeling.

Thanks,
    Sherry

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how you did?!?! I am thinking I may be in the same boat too!

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

DH needs a partial but will have to have some teeth surgically removed prior to that,would it be possible for him to go to one Dentist for the surgery and then another one for the partials?

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

YES PLEASE!~! Give me some GAS! THen you can give me shots all in my mouth all ya want. Make it a double pumper!

13. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

sounds like someone already did :jester:

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Well it did come across a lir gay dinit?

sooo sorry....

I'm not gay!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, saw him yesterday for a checkup and gotta say, they are all still the best up there (but don't drink the water, 3 of the girls there are pregnant:lol:)

16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

It's time for me to come out...lol...I'm another Claytonian chicken when it comes to dentists. I'm pretty tough when it comes to pain anywhere but my teeth and gums. Even a cleaning can send me home in tears. I avoid dentist visits and I think it's been about 3-4 years now. Our family has been going to someone in Smithfield for years, and they are fine for my hubby and kids but not for this scaredy cat...over the years they seem to have lost their compassion for my fear. So...woke up this morning to find that I have a cavity on the edge of a molar and the corner of the tooth appears to have actually split off because of it. Thankfully no pain yet, but I know I have to see a dentist. Like today probably..? I need to honestly know who to call who will not make me feel like I'm being a stupid kid. And who will take every effort and use every method available short of sedation to make it a pain free experience. Hubby is in the other room enjoying every minute of this! I think I'm going to have to pop an extra blood pressure pill at the rate my anxiety is going...HELP please...there are a number of dentists in this area....

17. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

You know they are all going to say Riccobene. :) I would suggest Dr Abernathy. She pulled a tooth for me and I didn't feel it.

18. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

:lol: He will suggest himself.

19. KellBell

I don't think when people refer to Riccobene as the place to go, that they actually mean seeing him. I know a few on here see him personally, but I for one LOVE Dr. McNeely at the McGee's office. Abernathy is there too. I am pretty sure folks just mean for any of your dental needs....go to Riccobene & ASSOCIATES (meaning any of his offices) for top notch care.

20. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

What office is Dr. Cusumano with? Any idea how much it costs to have a wisdom tooth surgically removed for those without insurance?