Old passports

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We recently renewed our passports for our upcoming adoptions in Bulgaria. Now, sent off the old passports as instructed to. Received the new ones this weekend but never got the old ones back. My sister happened to call me today from Moscow and said I should have gotten the old ones back w/ holes stamped all in them so they can't be re-used. (she works at the Embassy btw so figured she'd know something). Has anyone else NOT gotten back their old passports? I'm really just curious at this point. Last time I renewed I got them back but figured this time maybe they changed operating procedures. Some of you frequent travellers let me know if you get a chance. Looked on the passport site but did not see anything. Thanks.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just had to get a new passport in August and I got my old one back with a hole punched in it. I'd call the agency that handles passports and inquire.

3. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

yes we got our old ones back as well when we renewed...with holes in it also. I would call if you don't get them back..if I remember correctly I think they did come separately a few days later.

4. Abdulina

thanks guys! Guess I'll be calling in a day or so just to give them a few more days. Just in case they arrive separately.

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I just had to renew mine, as well. They told me it was because of new laws that my old one would not be returned for several months. I'm thinking mine will be here in March or April. Ours go through New Orleans if you live in North Carolina.

Sherry

6. meg

meg Well-Known Member

My husband just had his renewed and he received his old one back seperately about a week and a half later.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I probably need to renew mine even though it expired back in the late 80's early 90's. Of course after the summer of 88 I didn't need a passport to go anywhere in the world, so I didn't bother to renew it then. Now I'm thinking it might be a good thing to have just in case I decide to travel to some exotic beach because I'm TIRED of the cold and snow.

Craig

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

if its been more than 10 yrs you have to get a new one - not just renew it. :lol:

9. Abdulina

Figures. I posted this question yesterday and we got the old passports back today in the mail. They do have the hole through them. Happy for the memories back. Thanks for answering all the questions. BTW, they arrived just a few days apart from each other. Safe travels everyone!

Stephanie--mom to 7