How to find a speeding ticket???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Feb 16, 2010.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OK...My mom's cousin is from FL, and she got a speeding ticket while driving through NC a couple weeks ago. She lost her ticket and can't remember what town or county she was in, and she needs to get another copy but doesn't know where to call. All I can tell you is it was on I-95. I've tried googling it but keep coming up with dead ends. Can anyone tell me if there's a place she can go online to find a copy? I did look up a county map, and there were about 10 counties that I-95 goes through, and even if we could figure out a way for her to search each of those counties we'd take that. But I can't find anything online!

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Seems to me that you can find google individual county court systems and find a link to the courts. There are only a handful of counties along I-95 so it shouldn't be too hard.

Any idea of a general area?

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

She has no idea. It was 4 am, she was on her way up to see her dad before he died. :( Seriously, she thought it might start with a C, but she wasn't really sure about that either.

What court do I search? I tried traffic court and nothing would come up. What am I missing? I have never had a ticket so not sure how to do any of this!

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

6. Ima Sheltie

7. Tangerine

you can enter any county on that website.

8. Ima Sheltie

9. GarnerGirl2000

or just keep it as all counties

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Well, those websites didn't bring anything up. She was traveling from FL to NY, and was only on 95, unfortunately it was through the whole state. Any other options?

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If it was a State Trooper that issued the ticket, the Highway Patrol office may be able to help.

12. GarnerGirl2000

is she sure that it was in NC? that website should of brought it up no matter who stopped her, and it searches all counties if you dont change it to a certain county to look under.

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yep, she's sure. And i remember her posting it on FB later that day...plus she 's received all kinds of letters from attorneys here

14. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Maybe one of the ambulance chasers could tell her where they got the info.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Are most of those attorneys based in one general area?

16. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

Usually the attorneys in the county will send her the letters. She should be able to figure out the area based on the addresses on the envelopes.

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Unfortunately she didnt keep the letters so that wont help. She's on her way back home now, maybe when she gets there she'll have more of those letters waiting for her. Thanks everyone. I told my mom to tell her to start with highway patrol, maybe they can help

18. Tangerine

I'm sure she will have more. Its like they never stop coming.

19. Ima Sheltie

I think I got three for every mile over the posted speed limit so I think that will be a safe bet.

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Seriously, did she type in her last name, exactly as it appears on her driver's license, in the link Tangy and GG provided? She should leave it as "all counties," and leave the next line marked district court, and type her last name only as the defendant. Every case on the calendar anywhere in NC should come up, for a person with her last name, and she can scroll through and find herself.