Jeans-what kind...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 16, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Gap (outlet in Smithfield) regular cut to wear with tennis shoes & to work, AND LONG to wear with my high heels & tall boots.

BOTH LOW RISE. No mom jeans here.

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

i wear bandolinos too and love them.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I like Bandolino's and Madison (both from Belk). :lol:

4. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Damn, money bags.

5. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I discovered Tommy Hilfiger Freedom cut is the way for me as well. Yes, hard to find but can be ordered online once you figure out your size. Yes, they are $65/pair. BUT, not shopping all over creation and me getting ill trying on jeans makes it worth it for my hubby:lol: And they manage to last about 3 years for me.

Just a sidebar of info that saved some a my sanity a few years ago. I just accepted the fact that there is no such thing as a pair of jeans made perfectly to fit me. Therefore, I find a brand that fits my legs/thighs/butt reasonably well. I buy the size that FITS those parts of my body instead of worrying about the number that it is. And then I take the jeans to have them hemmed and that part around the back of the waist that puckers out taken in. I have found that this is truly the only way to look good in a pair of jeans and when I tell my friends what size pants I buy, their mouths drop open in disbelief because it actually makes me look smaller without having bulges going on.

No offense to anyone, but I'm a firm believer in not squeezing into a size you think you are. Now if you've got, flaunt it and more power to you! But wear what fits and you will look much better!

6. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I know Chaps does, I have a pair...

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've heard it said before that Levis has some sort of service like that, although I've never utilized it before. You can get custom fitted for a pair of Levis and they'll give you some sort of special number that you can reuse over and over again, ordering your jeans straight from the manufacturers with your custom-fit size.

Kinda reminds me of what I discovered on Converse's website. Bit of a subject change, but you can go onto www.converse.com and design your own Converse shoes and have them delivered to your door in 2-4 weeks. My son loves Chuck Taylors so I'm thinking about letting him do that at least once.

8. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Ooooh, I didn't know Levis did it. I might have to check into that...my hubby would love that:twisted: I know there is a european company that does a 3D body scan and will produce a custom pair of jeans for you, but that last I heard it was $400 a pop:shock: So I have resolved to paying the $65/pair with about $25 in alterations for now:boxing:

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've noticed that jeans have changed some in recent years, as well. It seems that more jeans have an almost boot-cut to them without specifically mentioning it or they have a very straight leg with no tapering. Another thing is that some manufacturers seem to put their rear pockets further apart which makes for an unflattering appearance IMO.

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Wranglers, from K Mart. They cost $12- $15 on sale. Can't find Made In USA much, but fabric of those are USA. Corprate Headquarters in Greensboro.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I like American Eagle-only when they're onsale though

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

not really, just try them on in the stores for size and fit, then go online and purchase for a third of what they sell them for in dept. stores....

14. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Tommy Hilfiger Boyfriend jeans.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Going back to my earlier thread I'd rather spend $35-40 for a good pair of jeans that I can get get a year or more out of than to buy cheaps that last me a month or two. And realistically I've got several pairs of Tommy's at home now that are 3-4 years old and still fit the same. But then again I also have enough pairs of jeans to go several weeks without wearing the same pair, a good month is I throw in the khakis I have.