Lower Electric Bill :}

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Feb 16, 2010.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yeah, just got my Progress Energy bill and I was so scared to open it up. 325. last month thru me for a loop and with it still being cold since then I wasn't ready to face this bill either. But...... it was down to 225.! I am so happy about that, and I am sure next month it will be down 100. more, when we can finally open up our windows! Spring hurry up here.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

January is often higher (so I've heard) because of the increase in consumption during the holidays. More cooking, more entertaining, and of course, the lit decorations. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't say.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mine better be lower or ya'll might read about me on the news :boxing:

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yep, ours dropped back too! To under $100 - don't be a hater, lol :mrgreen:
    Of course they did come and deliver gas last week - so we'll see what that bill is..........:banghead:

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Ours was down too! From $380 to $280. Very happy. Working on getting it lower though.

stephanie--mom to 7

6. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

yep thankfully upon opening ours its back down..way down from Jan...still can use some warmer days!!! I hate giving progress energy my $$$ :cry:

7. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Our's went down $70; I'm wondering if the December bill was an actual read or an esimate. It just seems like a drastic difference; especially since my husband has been unemployed and home for a month and with all the laundry he's done and everything else he's consumed electric for, it's odd that it decreased so drastically. Oh well, here's hoping the next one will go down even more.

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

We are total electric with Progress and ours only went down about $.75 per day. I sure was hoping for more because we keep the temp way down. Hopefully next time we will get a break.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Mine only went down 15 dollars too from Dec to Jan. We were FREEZING and I was militant about the lights, etc. :?

10. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

there's hope....mine better be down too!

11. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

The billing cycle is only for 28 days, last month is was for 34.

12. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Yup, that is why I calculated my daily usage to compare.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

$228.32 last month
    $147.99 today's bill :?

14. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't care how many days in a cycle, as long as I have a lower electric bill, cannot afford to pay that high price how many months in a row! Can't complain though, I did have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas for the money!

15. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

$50 this month