What kind of chocolates for Valentines would...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 12, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The past few years, we've been getting some chocolate truffles from Sam's Club around Christmas made by a company called "Delicia". My family just drools over them. I know nothing about the company, who they are, nothing, but I'm telling you, that is some of the best chocolate I've ever had. We still have one jar left that we are hoarding. :mrgreen:

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't really like too rich of a chocolate. Honestly, you give me a Hershey bar and I've gotten my chocolate fix, however the Ghirardelli chocolates are pretty good. I like chocolate, but not really in candy. I'm not much of a candy eater. I do like an occasional slice of chocolate cake or pie.

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I got the chocolate with toasted hazelnuts bar from Lake Champlain,they are some of my absolute favorites,I forgot to mention them before since I hadn't had any in quite a while,they are a bit on the pricey side but very good!
    http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/Chocolate/Chocolate-Candy-Bars.aspx

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That makes me as sad as when Breyers got sold. :-(

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Our two favorites that are made locally are Azurelise, chocolate truffles made by a former philosphy professor and Escazu, Whole Foods carries some of their bars and they have a retail location on Glenwood near the Mellow Mushroom. So good. For everyday comsumption, for health reasons of course, Trader Joe's has lots of great chocolates to choose from.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I was quite surprised at how good Dove chocolate is from Mars. My Sunday School teacher gave each in the class a Dove chocolate square for Valentines and it was very tasty. Seems like that is the first time I've had Dove before.

8. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

I like to eat a good piece of chocolate right after a long chew. Hershey's and Redman are a pretty good mix.

I'm still trying to find some of that Willy Wonka chocolate. Nobody else mixes their chocolate by waterfall.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

For easter I want a CRATE of Cadbury Eggs (the original).

YUMMMM!!!!

TIA :grouphug:

10. AnnetteL

For Easter I want to be in Germany - liquor filled chocolate eggs,
    Nougat eggs,chocolate eggs filled with marzipan and off course chocolate Easter bunnies of every variety.

11. why not move back if you always want to be there

12. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

L.M.A.O.

14. AnnetteL

Your diverticulitis must be bothering you today. What a predictable response. I'd love getting into it more :boxing:but I gotta go and watch some German show on TV.

15. Hogans heroes

16. AnnetteL

:lol: nope-it's called "the white ribbon"

17. clive

clive Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've posted here but you're all wrong.:p

If you want a real chocolate experience and not the overly sweet milk chocolate stuff that most people are used to, check this place out...

Escazu Artisan Artisan Chocolates on Glenwood Ave. http://www.escazuchocolates.com

It's on the downhill side of the intersection at Peace Street, a couple buildings down from Harry's Guitar shop.

You can thank me later. ;)

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I cannot get the picture of Jeffrey Dahmer working at a chocolate place. Just gross. Did you work with him?

Sherry

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No, he worked at the company that made the chocolate, in 10 pound bars. We purchased the chocolate, added more cocobutter and then coated cherry cordials, nougats, apricots, etcetera in chocolate.

Never meet him.

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks. I would not want to meet him either.

Sherry