A girl needs a good Foundation!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Feb 19, 2010.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Ladies, what do you use? I just bought "L'OREAL Visible Lift - normal to oily skin" and it burned and turned my face bright red! Before that I had/have "Cover Girl & Olay"...which I bought the wrong shade. :rolleyes: What do you use? At the last CDH gathering I went to JenniferK was there.. Jen, what do you use? You here today? Your skin was gorgeous... What do the rest of you use? .... My face looks like an 8yo applied blush to it.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I use BareMinerals...wouldn't trade it for the world!!

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I use covergirl and I love it. I also like one of the avon brands, can't remember the name of it right now.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear.

I skimp on every other makeup product, but not my foundation!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh my, I guess 'visable lift' meant lift your skin off! :cry:
    I use Covergirl Trueblend - it gives me good coverage for freckles/age spots without being heavy and I also like that its a pump type of top verses the other. :)

6. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I use Mary Kay. It's expensive, but it was the only brand that I found covered without being cake like and stayed pretty much all day. They now have a mineral powder too that I put on top of liquid foundation.

My problem is skin care. I've used Mary Kay but still have breakouts around my face. I had clear skin all the way through high school and NOW I get breakouts! NOT FAIR!!!

7. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Meeee toooo! Love it! :cheers:

8. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Me too, I call it senial (sp) acne. It happened to my mom too!

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mary Kay Medium Coverage #105 Light

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I don't use any makeup. Maybe your skin is telling you not to cover it up because you are gorgeous without it. 8)

Sherry

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There's 30 seconds I'll never get back....

12. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

:iagree: Same here, only I use Estee Lauder Lucidity. I like that you can try all the shades before buying and you have someone there to help you pick the right one. I buy everything else at Walmart or anywhere else that has a good sale with coupons. Olay skin care and Almay, Covergirl, etc. cosmetics. But not my foundation! I try to always buy my Estee Lauder when they are having free gift time so I get to use some of their other products for free!

13. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I like Rimmel because I'm too cheap to buy the expensive stuff..I usually try to find a coupon..

14. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Clinique girl here all the way for all my makeup. I had a horrible experience with more affordable makeup when I was 15 years old-basically ended up with a blistered face and hundreds spent at the dermatologist office. My mom told my dad, "Look we tried the cheaper stuff. She's wearing Clinique just like I have" and that was that:lol: I use the superfit foundation. Very lightweight and seal it with powder.

Now for skincare, I go with Dermalogica. Expensive but worth every penny, and I can buy it at Ulta now instead which is convenient.

15. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Don't use any either,I remember that the one time I tried it my pores felt all clogged up.

16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I only wear it for special events or important business meetings. Then it's Clinique powder. Clinique is the only one that doesn't feel heavy and doesn't make me break out. The rest of the time I let my freckles shine through!

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm with Sherry & Annette. I am cheap, lazy, and don't like the way it feels on my face. The only makeup I do wear is eyeliner, maybe some eyeshadow, and chapstick. Lip gloss on special occasions. lol

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  18. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Can't go without my chapstick for too long either and I do wear eyeliner.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm the opposite, I always wear it if I go out, but go for a minimal look, I don't want to look "made up". Seems as though the older I get, the less I wear, LOL. I'm down to a little foundation, a little powder, very little blush and some mascara (blond eyelashes, looks like I don't have any if I don't wear a little something). I rarely do lipstick, but am addicted to that Nivea lip balm. I saw a lady in the WM in Knightdale today that looked like she was about to go into a nightclub and it was 3:00 in the afternoon.

Only special occasions call for eye makeup and lipstick, LOL. I've used expensive dept store brands as well as drug store foundations, I personally don't see much difference between them. (ya'll know a lot of them are made in the same factories..............right? Just like generic and name brand foods). I have an aunt who works in the lab for a high-end dept store brand and I get tons of stuff from her. They take a little for testing then are stuck with the mostly unused product, can't be sold, so they give it away. Perfums, lotions, makeup, lipsticks, eyeliners, mascara, etc. I can never wear it all and end up giving it away. My bathroom looks like I have a serious product addiction, but I hardly use any of it. :lol: Some of the perfume bottles I just keep because they can be very pretty.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's what I am going for, minimal. And I saw a lady at the Food Lion that time forgot in Smithfield this afternoon that looked she was going to the club.... right after she stabbed me. Who wears spiked heels with chains on them at 4:30? And the makeup. Eeeeeexxxxxxtra Eyeliner!