Japanese White Sauce? Is that the right name?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 17, 2010.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

:lol:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

if there's any consulation, I am always fighting being a grown up too....:cheers:

plus, it's just funny

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

OH NO! Why did you tell me that???? LOL

Which grocery store? :lol:

4. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

You serious???? For real?? Is it as good as the stuff in the restaurant? Which store? (we need a smilie face that pants...lol) :jester:

5. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

Count me as another who is addicted to that sauce. I buy it at Food Lion at 4042. It's at the back of the produce section on a wall with Asian and other international foods. Top shelf. Be careful because there are two sauces in nearly identical bottles -- the first time I bought one of them and it was awful. I took a leap of faith and bought the other and it was spot on. I think it's called the Seafood and Meat Sauce. Lowes Foods does not have it -- I've checked.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

So...what's it taste like?

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we have one that drools :drool:

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Sounds a little like Zaxby's sauce... minus the sugar and water..

9. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

yeah yeah yeah! What she said!! LOLOLOL

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

11. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I ahve seen it at Food Lion back where the fresh seafood is. There's a white kind and the orange kind. It's in a plastic bottle like they sell the Maola oint of milk in. Lowes Foods sells it, also. I've seen it where the fresh crab in the cans is. Might be a different brand, but it looks very similar.

12. michelle

Found it tonight at Food Lion at 40/42. It's called Japanese Seafood & Steak Sauce by Rising Sun. I think it was $3.49 or $3.29 a bottle. Found on back wall, top shelf just like someone posted earlier. I haven't tried it yet but will report back when I do!

For those on weight watchers the sauce is 4 pts. for 2 tablespoons.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  13. michelle

I LOVE IT!

It's not exactly like yummy japan but it's darn close. YUM!

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

send them an e-mail that you like the product and want like 100 q-pons :mrgreen:
    SERIOUSLY.

15. michelle

I'm scavaging the cabinets trying to find more stuff to put it on!

I'll email them right now, great idea!

16. michelle

Wow, they don't have a website.

Here's what I found out about them on the internet:

Liew Foods, Inc is a private company categorized under Food Products Manufacturing or Packing Plant Construction and located in Lancaster, PA. Our records show it was established in 2002 and incorporated in Pennsylvania. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $10,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2

Their revenue is getting ready to significantly increase! :mrgreen:

17. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I get mine from Lowes food in Clayton.. Like someone said before it's near the crab meat in a can. This is in a bottle with a red lid. In has to be kept cold so it's in the cooler spot with the meats. Food Lion at 4240 has it too. :)

18. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I saw it again the other day. They maake the Shrimp Sauce, Tartar Sauce and Cocktail Sauce. It was on sale at Lowes Foods last week. At the 42/50 store, if you're standing at the seafood counter, it's in the case to your right. At Food Lion, it's lying down where the fresh fish is.

19. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I think Japanese White Sauce is called bukake

20. michelle

Bought some at Food Lion tonight and it's nothing but thousand island dressing/big mac sauce. :cry:

I'm gonna go to that Asian market in Garner and see if they have it.