Car Repair Shop that finances

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Feb 19, 2010.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hey, does anyone know of a place that does engine jobs on a Honda and accepts financing? My friend needs an engine in his car,(can't afford to pay for a new car, plus there is still a loan on the car) but can't come up with th approx 2-3grand it might cost for the engine job. Called banks but they don't lend money on a car over 5 years old. Any places that have their own financing for car repairs? Thanks!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Call Bobby up at TAG.
    They *might*

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thanks, we can call and ask them. Any other places incase they don't? TAG does engine jobs on Honda's? That would be awesome because they are close by my friend.

4. harleygirl

I have no idea if TAG works on Honda's

OH another place in Clayton

KW's Auto on O'neil st
    talk to Mike (good friend) or Keith (owner) 359-8900
    The KNOW me and DH very well.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would look at getting a used engine at LKQ

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

And then who would put the engine in and finance it?

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Time to either sell it for what it will bring or whip out that credit card. Hope she's got a low-interest one or she might want to see if they'd lower her interest prior to using it.

8. harleygirl

Just call KW's in the AM.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

wonder if that place called Engine Exchange is still around...used to be across hwy 70 from fred anderson toyota out near the angus barn. i bet they did some financing, but i have no idea if they're still around...

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

What about a personal loan, or borrowing from family? I always get crap in the mail from citifinancial, maybe try them if a bank won't give a loan?

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Banks won't do loans on a car older than 5 years old, and family has helped him too much already, so that is out. He doesn't believe in Credit cards and has no credit on them, so it would be hard to get credit. He would like to just finance thru company. I mean geez, you can finance dental work, furniture, new cars, used cars, but no one finances car repairs?

12. 2002

2002 Guest

The reason that shops do not finance work is because people don't hold up to there financial obligations these days.Then most of times if the shop has to repo the car or take customer to court the car is in most cases not worth the balance of the bill. It sounds like it was not maintained properly as Honda's do not normally require major engine work other than normal maintenence before 200k miles and even some more than that. Sounds like he/she already owes more people money so maybe need to think about a second job to help pay all the bills created.

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Actually he is looking for a job right now. He is a respected RETIRED Navy Veteran with 22 years of Service. Thank Him for protecting us for 22 years!;) Can't get a job if you don't have a car. He is walking everywhere to apply for jobs.

14. old school

old school Well-Known Member

A retired naval veteran of 22 years that does not believe in credit card debt should not have to finance car repair.

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

You are the authority, Thanks for understanding and telling people how to live their lives:( Go serve 22 years overseas in Iraq and Diego Garcia and come home and tell me where you stand.

16. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Why not just take out a personal loan? There are finance companies like American General that will pretty much loan money to anyone. The interest will be higher than a bank loan, but at least he'll have his car running again.

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hey thanks alot for that info. I will relay that to him right away. :)

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I just talked to my bf. He has a shop in Dunn. He said call him tomorrow at 919 634-7793. His name is Roy. Tell him you're from 4042 and Ann sent you.

19. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Sorry but can't figure out what you are inferring. Since I'm not good at ready between the lines, I'm thinking but hope that you are not inferring that since he's retired, he should be collecting a retirement check but if you are, it's my understanding that they don't get to collect on that benefit until they actually reached the retirement age so if you have a 40something year old retired, he's got quite a long wait. I could be wrong though.