Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Anybody watch these shows on MTV? I make my son watch them with me. I think these shows, with the combination of younger siblings is good birth control. :cool:

I *was * disappointed in the newest 16 & Pregnant. The girl was from Oak Island (yay, way to represent) and was the epitome of an immature, disrespectful, self-centered, irresponsible teen. Some of these girls make fine mothers, they really step up to the plate. Some of them.. like Jenelle... do not.

2. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

I watch both. I agree with you on the little brat. I can't image acting like that towards my child. I had my first when I was 19 and on my own. I lived by myself and only had myself to care for my child. I just didn't understand how she could be so selfish. It was unreal!

If I was her mother I would have beat the living ***** out of her. She would not be going out and she would be caring for "her" child.

3. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Yea but she was a transplant resident! I couldnt STAND watching her, she was a total B that needed her A tore up!!!!!!

4. 4&Counting

4&Counting Guest

The few minutes I watched the other day was pretty good. A friend of the pregnant gal was really grilling her about how she ended up pregnant and pretty much made her look foolish. And the preggers is explaining that she stopped taking her birth control pills when her and her boyfriend broke up and then started taking them again when they got back together. So I'm assuming she picked the pills up or had them handed to her without even explaining how they work?!?! Gosh forbid she educate herself about why you can't just take them whenever you want. Ugh. Some things aren't that hard (like reading up on things), but you have to be mature enough to know to do it. :banghead:

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

If I'm channel flipping and it's on I'll usually stop and watch. I agree about the one girl, I wanted to scream at the TV. Total B!!! I was gonna start a thread on here about it and I forgot. Glad Cleo posted so we can discuss.

The girl's mother should have just went out for the evening a few nights a week and MADE the girl face her responsibilities.

6. Cleopatra

I liked her friends too, they were very upfront and honest with her. I have seen a few shows, where the maturity and candor of the pregnant girl's/couple's friends both suprised and impressed me.

I knew the mom had a northern accent, but Jenelle had a combo accent to where I thought she had been here for some time.

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

MTV is still on the air? I stopped watching when they pulled the game show Remote Control.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I saw it too! What got me was when she kept saying 'I'm making time for myself....' what a brat! I am glad that in the end she apologized to her mom and did tell her now much she appreciated her being there for her - but I wonder how long that'll last.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I stopped watching whed they stopped showing music videos.

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Headbangers Ball ftw

11. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Truth.

What does that M stand for these days anyway? Mediocre? Mind numbing?

Edited to say: I missed the good MTV almost completely. When i was growing up they had already switched somewhat away from music, by the time i was in their targeted age-group, they only showed partial videos.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  12. Cleopatra

Haha. We used to call him Pixie Fagman with his temporary tattoos.

I haven't watched MTV in years either, but lately they have toned it down a bit it seems and I consider these shows to be somewhat educational. Also True Life has some good shows to sit down and watch with your teens.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Me 2

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

My kids watch one - I think it's called "8 simple things I'd like to do with an American teenager" or something like that. All I know is that it comes on ABC family and that surprises me because it's not very innocent..

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Friday Night Videos on NBC, Night Tracks on WTBS and Headbangers Ball on MTV.

Those were the days.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Does anyone remember "Party in Progress"? In the early 90's it came on late Saturday nights over the air - channel 22 I think.

17. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

No but I remember Barney's Army on 22

18. Cleopatra

Ohh, yeah. My son had that on one day. I said "I don't think so" <click> I think we watched Full Metal Jacket instead. :mrgreen:

19. Cleopatra

Ohmygosh, Night Tracks! Remember Elvira and Gilbert Godfreed and some other chick on USA Up All Night? How about Nick Rocks? lol

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I do remember Elvira. Mistress of the Dark.