Does this make me sound like a hussy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Jun 9, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hmmm . . . you joined in May 2009 yet you know about this :confused:

Interesting to say the least.

2. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Again, I'm not saying that what she did was right or even apporpriate, but I think that her motives need to be taken into account. Maybe they have a bearing on what she did. I just don't agree that somone's first reaction being "She should be fired!". That's all.

3. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Panther's tapped that.

4. Panther Crazy

Am I the only person here who has a menu item labeled "search"? As I've said before, I am a student of history.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

uh huh :rolleyes:

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

If the Superintendent does nothing I'd take the complaint to the School Board to have it on public record. Just saying for the next time.

At that age some girls have breasts that come around the corner before the rest of the body or they look like a zipper sideways. Mine was the first kind and one time a boy pulled her blouse out in the front and embarrassed her. I sent a note in and he and his parents were called into the Principal's office. The parents were great......he wrote an apology note and the parents called me to apologize. Had a teacher said something I'd have to really think about what I would say and who would be in attendance.

Sherry

7. Panther Crazy

Exactly my point. You handled like a civil adult. I applaude you!

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Let me just clarify for the record....

I started this post last year, when DD was in her class and having issues.

FWIW- I never received a response from my email which was sent to her, and to the principal. I assumed they got my message, and that appropriate action was taken.

Said teacher has seen my child in the hallways, but to my knowledge has not made any disparaging comments to her this year. I decided not to pursue it any further.

When Kaci called me and asked me about DD's experience with said teacher and mentioned the same problem, I referred her back to this thread because her DGD is going thru the same thing.

I, do not believe that said teacher should be fired for this. I personally believe it should be a personnel issue and that perhaps some sensitivity training or sexual harrassment training is in order.

I never called for a lynching.

Anyway...she reads this board, I'm sure she's been made aware of the thread, I just hope she gets the message that no one hates her or is calling her teaching into question, just the way she interacts with some of her female students.

But, I digress....

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As did Jen and the other one mentioned. It's the teacher and the school admin that are falling down on the job. Once again, this in not the first or only instance this has happened with this teacher per the postings here. No matter what her personal expereinces are, she has ZERO business commenting on a girl's chest. NONE, there is no reason unless she is violating the dress code. And in that case, the child needs to be sent to the office, not have comments made in front of the class.

Deliberatly dense you are.

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh so you took the time to search ALL of my posts since 2004 for the sole purpose of ONE post? I ain't buying it mister.

11. Panther Crazy

About what I'd expect from you. No big deal, I guess we all just have to remember that the only opinions that count in your mind are those that agree with yours. I won't sink to your level and call you names.

Jen, I think you handled the situation well. +2

12. Panther Crazy

And I'm not selling it, so aren't we both content?

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thank you Jenn, sad that this thread has turned the way it did. i never said she should be fired, what i said was if a teacher is obsessed with a 12yo's breast then yes, she should be fired, it is no different just because she is a woman vs a man. My whole frustration with this is the school's lack of interest or follow up into what is evolving into a pattern and while the girl i was speaking about is no longer in her class, for this to have happened 2 years in a row and you and i just happen to know each other is very indicative of a pattern that needs attention, whether it is therapy, behavior modification, survellience, whatever - at least do something and at least have the teacher acknowledge her inappropriatness instead of denying it ever happened just as they would a student that engaged in the the same type of behavior. If teachers are supposed to set examples for the kids, they need to abide by the same expectations when it comes to sexual harrassment as the students do if not moreso. i mean you an i know what happened to the 2 we know, but i wonder how many more there are that are scared to say anything due to the repurcussions and if nothing is done, it will continue with the future classes.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh, please. :ack:

15. Panther Crazy

You always do such a good job proving my points for me. Maybe I'll just give you my password and you can argue with yourslef :lol:

16. Panther Crazy

Good thing you don't want to fly off the handle and go to extremes or anything :lol:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i personally do not believe those are extremes when there are children involved. All it takes is one word to a 12yo girl about her body and she is liable to stress on it forever. Being a man, i would not expect you to understand but if it were your daughter i believe your reaction would not be so benign.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It would be more productive, since the drivel you post means about as much as what my dog just deposited in the yard.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Never heard that term used before. I think we have always called them "fried eggs". :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

20. Panther Crazy

Sorry, but you sound just flat out crazy. You act like the teacher is a child molester or something. Let's put this in perspective: You think that the hurt feelings of a 12 year old girl is a valid reason for behavior modification, counseling, and surveillance? No offense intended Jen.

Look Kaci, you and i both know that you are going to disagree with me no matter what I say and no matter what the topic is. That's fine, but equating a girls hurt feelings with child molestation really is whacky.