Recommendations for Pre School

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! DS#2 is at the point where he needs more instruction on a daily basis than what a babysitter / daycare provides.

Anyone have a PERSONAL recommendation for pre-school type settings for 4-5 year olds that are not in school yet around this area?

As always.. THANKS!

Red

2. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

All of my 3 kids go/have gone to Hocutt Memorial Preschool. I would recommed it to anyone. They just started a five day program this year for the 4yr olds.

Sheri is the director. 553-9897

3. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Kim's Kids on Sanders Rd. My dd went there last year (3 year old class) and we absolutely loved it. If we had not moved to Fuquay she would have gone there this year as well. Kim has had a before and after school care program for years and she just started the preschool part two or three years ago.

What I really liked is that it is small. There are only two classes - one three year old class and one four year old class with around 7 kids in each one. I really liked that my daughter's first school experience was in a smaller setting so that she didn't get overwhelmed. She has never been in any kind of childcare, so it was all new to her. She blossomed while there, socially and academically.

This year she went to a much larger preschool and I feel that her good experience at Kim's Kid is what helped her to adapt so easily. I also liked the fact that they seemed to have a good balance between play and academics. Not too much of one or the other.

I would be glad to answer any questions if you want to pm me. Their website is: http://kimskidschildcare.com

4. wolfpackfan99

wolfpackfan99 New Member

Our son has been at The Growing Place at Aversboro Road Baptist in Garner for 3 years and we LOVE it. Their program runs 9-1 five days a week. You can enroll for 2, 3, or 5 days. All of their teachers are professing Christians and they learn traditional pre-K skills through Bible stories. The children have music, chapel time, and field trips throughout the year. We have been so happy here that I am almost sad that DS starts kindergarten soon!

Sharon Silver is the director: 661-0872

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

st marys in garner. they r totally awesome!

also there is a past thread on this subject with a lot of great suggestions.

good luck!

db's wife

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

have you checked into the one up on the corner? do they do that sort of thing? there is also a church down on 50 towards McGees that has a preschool program or you could try doing at home preschooling, sometimes that is the best except for the social part but your little one does not seem to have any problem being social, he is a sweetie

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

DD was at Johnson Memorial off of 50, we had great experience there, now thatwas a few years ago, so I don't know what it's like now

8. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

My little one goes to the Highlands Baptist Child Enrichment Center
    http://hbcraleigh.info/about.html

When DS was preschool age, I wasn't aware of HBC's program so I don't have any personal experience with the 4-5 year classes. DD loved the 1's class last year & she begs to go to the 2's class this year ... even on days when school's not in session. They are wonderful with the kids at HBC. I've only heard wonderful remarks from the parents whose children currently attend the 4-5 year classes. In addition, I've met the teachers & think they are awesome folks.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks JAM, that's the one i was thinking of, have heard good things about it.

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

*sigh* ... just passing through the thread... I miss mine being little,,,

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i don't :lol::lol:

12. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Johnson Memorial Church Preschool

My child went there and he loved it! (and so did I) It is beyond mcgees crossroads towards Benson on Highway 50. Gwen is the director. 894-3688

13. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

CCUMC preschool

I used to work at Christ Community UMC's preschool (on Amelia Church Rd in Clayton)...Good balance of learning through play and kindergarten preparation. It's a half-day program, 2-, 3- or 5-days a week... depending on the age of your child. 553-9770 for information. Loved the job, the kids and the program... miss those little kids!!

14. GarnerHome

GarnerHome Well-Known Member

That's where I send mine and we are pleased. She's 3 and has learned to cut and his now learning to write her name. They have both 4-5 year old class and a 4 year old transitional Kindergarten.