Where would you go?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 24, 2010.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Just daydreaming here....I'm young and poor, lol. But...if you could save the money to take a modest vacation to a foreign country with your kids, what country would you visit and why?

2. Angier/mexico.. you can drive there

3. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

I keep thinking of going somewhere completely random. kayak has a feature called buzz, where you see good deals people just got on tickets recently to the top 25 most popular cities. Seems like it could be fun.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

What aabout Canada, see Niagra Falls and all. My brother did that when his kids were younger and they all loved it, he said pictures are nothing compared to the real thing.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

How old are the kids? I ask because my daughter has always enjoyed reading about the Nazis. She loves Anne Frank's Diary, wants to go to the Holocaust Museum and would value a trip to a concentration camp. Plus they have great food and beer in Germany. She's been into all that since elementary school.

If it were just me Greece. If it is at all like what it looks like in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants it would be awesome. Beautiful water, wonderful bed and breakfast spots and I understand the people are very friendly.

What an interesting question.

Sherry

6. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Canada......for their healthcare

7. Sherry A.

Girl, you mean Niagara Falls don't you? Confused me when you said Canada.

Sherry :lol::lol::lol:

8. JenniferK

Nevil...nice sight....apparently I can go to NYC this weekend for a round trip flight cost of $118...that's pretty good.

Kaci...ehh...Canada is okay I guess, but when I think of foreign countries, I think France, Italy, Germany, etc...

Sherry, Greece does look beautiful, doesn't it?

I'm leaning towards France or Italy...in my hypothetical vacation, lol...

Oh, and the kids are 14 and 3, but God only knows how old they'd be by the time I could afford to take them....lol

9. 4&Counting

4&Counting Guest

I'd go to France. By myself. 8)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My dream vacation is to Australia. The Grand Canyon was incredible, highly recommend if you stay stateside. :cheers:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Since I'm NOT a good flyer... I'll stay home. :lol:

I'd be happy just to plop my tail on the beach, cooler, suntan oil, and LOTS of sunshine.

12. JenniferK

I'm not a good flyer either, lol....

Remember, this is my *wish upon a star* hypothetical vacation!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

duh, yeah, that is what i get for doing 10 things at once:oops:

14. Sherry A.

Jen,

If you pick Italy and it's in the next few years I can hook you three up with a free place to stay. My adopted brother and his family have a huge house and they have extended an invitation to my daughter and me or any friends of ours.

Just letting you know,
    Sherry

15. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Will you be my friend?? :mrgreen::jester:

16. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

I would be torn between Australia and Italy. Dh has always wanted to go to Ireland.

17. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

LOL.. you weren't in Target today talking about that great deal to NYC were you? I overheard a gal telling her friend about this same great deal! I thought... geez, I have to check this out! BTW, it would be Greece for me!

18. Sherry A.

Then go to DC. Congressman Etheridge can get you one of those tickets for behind the seens at the White House, which would be way cool for a kid. They have the Holocaust Museum, the Vietnam Vets Wall, great museums. Lincoln and all that stuff. The Pentagon is a cool place to visit, oh heck they have everything. Go during the Cherry Blossom Festival.

Ken (devilock) can tell you how to get around and where to stay for cheap.

Still think this is an awesome question. That's why I am going on and on.

Sherry

19. Sherry A.

Hum, I'll have to think about that. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sherry

20. Sherry A.

It's the cost of lodging in NYC that can add up.

Sherry